"printing" of your concealed gun

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

doc.lonestar
Posts in topic: 1

Re: "printing" of your concealed gun

Post by doc.lonestar »

printing is subjective - just like the wording for under the influence that later states that the legal limit in texas is .08. We all know that .08 is not the the magic number that you have to hit to be illegal.

it will depend on the officer who is talking to you.

With that being said - printing is something that most new chl holders over think. They tend to start tugging at shirts, or looking like they are adjusting a wedge lol when in fact it is only thier behavior that drew eyes on.

Good holster, Good belt, appropriate clothing you should be good to go
Texas DPS Certified CHL Instructor AND
Maker - Premimum Handcrafted Leather Concealment Holsters

http://www.lonestar-tactical.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edc

G30 with 2x12 spare magazines
Ruger LCR bug with 2x5 spare quickstrips
Coldsteel Spartan folder
Quark Tactical

Jeff Barriault
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jeff Barriault »

I met my wife for dinner last night before heading off to the Arms Room for their Monday night IDPA fun match. I was wearing a slightly tight 3XLT printed tee shirt (I'm 6' 5", 370 lbs) and the grip of my Glock 17 sitting in my Cross Breed IWB holster was slightly printing. So I simply threw on my 511 tac vest and my GSSF hat. If that doesn't scream gun carrying fat man I don't know what does. I doubt anyone noticed. And even if they did no one freaked out about it.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Dragonfighter wrote:Walmart, February 2011 at 11:00 p.m and approximately 45 degrees. 50ish, portly man and his wife walk out. He is wearing only a Hawaiian shirt
Someone wearing only a Hawaiian shirt would definitely get my attention!

Pants are usually advisable.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

westex1948

Post by westex1948 »

Mike1951 wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:Walmart, February 2011 at 11:00 p.m and approximately 45 degrees. 50ish, portly man and his wife walk out. He is wearing only a Hawaiian shirt
Someone wearing only a Hawaiian shirt would definitely get my attention!

Pants are usually advisable.

Failure to Conceal ...to a all new level "rlol"

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

Jeff Barriault wrote:I met my wife for dinner last night before heading off to the Arms Room for their Monday night IDPA fun match. I was wearing a slightly tight 3XLT printed tee shirt (I'm 6' 5", 370 lbs) and the grip of my Glock 17 sitting in my Cross Breed IWB holster was slightly printing. So I simply threw on my 511 tac vest and my GSSF hat. If that doesn't scream gun carrying fat man I don't know what does. I doubt anyone noticed. And even if they did no one freaked out about it.
Jeff, you are 10 inches taller, and 200 lbs heavier than me. Holy smokes, your a big guy. Your one of those guys who can conceal an AR in your belt aren't ya?
No More Signature

Jeff Barriault

Post by Jeff Barriault »

snatchel wrote:Jeff, you are 10 inches taller, and 200 lbs heavier than me. Holy smokes, your a big guy. Your one of those guys who can conceal an AR in your belt aren't ya?
I'll have to give it a try and let you know.
:lol::

bigred90gt

Post by bigred90gt »

I gave up worrying about printing. With my XD in the supertuck, it is not an issue, but on a day to day basis (when I have to go to work and do not want to fool with taking the holster off and putting it back on at the end of the day), I pocket carry my Keltec PF9. I do have a DeSantis Nemesis holster for it, but I do not always use the holster. Either way, you can see it in my jeans pocket if you look hard enough, but people just dont look hard enough. I dont wear tight pants, but I do have one pair that is a little snug, and without the holster, it is clearly the outline of a handgun. No one has ever noticed, and if they did, they never gave any indication they noticed. I walked into the Chevron station yesterday and there was a Sheriff standing just inside the doorway looking at everyone as they came in, and he didnt say anything, so I figure I'm good. When I'm standing in line at a corner store or bank, I usually keep my hand in my pocket on the grip until I get to the counter.

fishman

Post by fishman »

Its been discussed quite a bit. As long as your not intentionally failing to conceal, your ok. Printing will happen from time to time, most people wont notice. :thumbs2:
IANAL

boba

Post by boba »

fishman wrote:Its been discussed quite a bit. As long as your not intentionally failing to conceal, your ok. Printing will happen from time to time, most people wont notice. :thumbs2:
Technically true but there are always a few who get into trouble because of the wind blowing or a shirt riding up on to expose the gun.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

boba wrote:
fishman wrote:Its been discussed quite a bit. As long as your not intentionally failing to conceal, your ok. Printing will happen from time to time, most people wont notice. :thumbs2:
Technically true but there are always a few who get into trouble because of the wind blowing or a shirt riding up on to expose the gun.
Actually, possibly one that we know of.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

rockinar

Post by rockinar »

RPB wrote:I don't look for bulges ... I look for Hawaiian shirts .... still nothing illegal about clothing choices or seeing plastic clips on a belt with crosses on them (crossbreed holsters)

I have never once seen a bulge. I sometimes look around when in long lines at stores to pass the time and am bored. I have seen people wearing vests in August though. ;-) And the rare occasional "fanny pack".

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

rockinar wrote:
RPB wrote:I don't look for bulges ... I look for Hawaiian shirts .... still nothing illegal about clothing choices or seeing plastic clips on a belt with crosses on them (crossbreed holsters)

I have never once seen a bulge. I sometimes look around when in long lines at stores to pass the time and am bored. I have seen people wearing vests in August though. ;-) And the rare occasional "fanny pack".
Nice 3 year old thread resurrection. :headscratch
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

I refrained from posting it.. Glad someone else did! It's a good lesson on how subjective arrests can be.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Keith B wrote:
rockinar wrote:

Nice 3 year old thread resurrection. :headscratch
I'm betting the thread was found during the search rockinar performed after reading the printing law update on the other thread.

premedit8ed

Post by premedit8ed »

If you want to learn how to properly conceal just go to a gun shop and look how people dress. .. the customers not the workers, most gun shop employees just open carry
NRA member
springfield xds 9mm / Canik 55 T-120 9mm
Panther arms 5.56 A2 carbine
Remington 870 express super magnum

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”