CHL Infringement?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bilgerat57
Posts in topic: 5

Re: CHL Infringement?

Post by bilgerat57 »

I appreciate the clarification re AD vs ND. As far as having more unintended ( ;-) ) discharges at cold vs hot ranges, and without having done any research, I can see where it might be true. Being on a 'hot' range tends to keep ones awareness a bit higher, and everyone's a bit more conscious of the fact that there are numerous possibilites for injuries or worse to occur. Now theoretically there should be no difference in our safety awareness on either type of range, but humans being the way we are....... How many times each year do we hear of an accidental shooting where you hear "I thought it was unloaded". If there are any studies about safety incidents on cold vs hot ranges, I would be very much interested in hearing about them.
A Gun in the hands of a bad man is a dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is a danger only to the bad man - Charlton Heston
The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark. - SFC M. Merino US Army

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dragonfighter »

OldCannon wrote:
Lambda Force wrote:
OldCannon wrote:"Cold Range" rules, guys. Nothing loaded unless pointed downrange. I'm sure for liability reasons, they don't want you drawing/holstering with your pistol NOT pointed downrange (i.e., your and other people's feet). I've shot at outdoor ranges that are like this too (clearly those ranges don't allow IDPA/USPSA).
It's no accident there are more NDs at cold ranges than hot ranges.
Can you cite some reports on that?
I dunno but there is an old truism that says, "A loaded gun never accidentally shot anybody." The thought being if the gun is loaded, and you assume it's loaded then you aren't going to make mistakes or be as careless as you might be assuming it is unloaded. So whatever the statistics of cold vs. hot ranges, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find Lamda's supposition to bear up under data.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

11B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 11B »

Ok so what did they say at the meeting? :rules:

Inquiring minds want to know :biggrinjester:

bilgerat57
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bilgerat57 »

:iagree:
A Gun in the hands of a bad man is a dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is a danger only to the bad man - Charlton Heston
The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark. - SFC M. Merino US Army

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”