CHL exam...can we look at our notes?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

dozerboy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL exam...can we look at our notes?

Post by dozerboy »

X2 I'm not a smart guy by any means, but the test is a cake walk.
These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

Wes

Post by Wes »

r_gray wrote:Another newbie question:

When I signed up for the CHL class, they emailed me and said to be prepared to take notes during this class. When we take the written exam, can we use our notes?

Usually I learn a lot more if I don't take notes. But if I knew I could read my notes during the test, I'll probably take a lot!

-rg
i agree with the others above, the test is not hard by any means. i took it sunday and it was a piece of cake. dont fret, just go to class and pay attention and you will do fine.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Topic author
r_gray
Posts in topic: 5

Post by r_gray »

steve817 wrote:
The exam is really not that big of a deal. Just read each question carefully before answering. I'd almost be willing to bet that I could have aced it without sitting through the course.

Thanks man! I took the test this past Sunday and aced it. He actually gave a summary at the very end of lecture that just about had everything. I had been worried about the 8-10 hour thing...how can somebody remember what was said in 8-10 hours lecture??

And the shooting was a breeze also. I got three in the 9, the rest in the 10 and 'X' bullseye.

I'm going for fingerprints tomorrow and then the packet goes in!

steve817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by steve817 »

r_gray wrote:
steve817 wrote:
The exam is really not that big of a deal. Just read each question carefully before answering. I'd almost be willing to bet that I could have aced it without sitting through the course.

Thanks man! I took the test this past Sunday and aced it. He actually gave a summary at the very end of lecture that just about had everything. I had been worried about the 8-10 hour thing...how can somebody remember what was said in 8-10 hours lecture??

And the shooting was a breeze also. I got three in the 9, the rest in the 10 and 'X' bullseye.

I'm going for fingerprints tomorrow and then the packet goes in!
I should have also mentioned that I have the attention span of a goldfish.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

htwnotlw

Post by htwnotlw »

I should have also mentioned that I have the attention span of a goldfish.[/quote]

I'm right there with you! What we're we talking about? Oh yeah, the test! HEHEHE :yawn

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

If you can't remember where it's legal to carry, maybe you shouldn't carry in public until we get constitutional carry. I wouldn't want you to be arrested. Just some friendly advice.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

packa45

Post by packa45 »

The exam is easy dont sweat it. As another poster said print out the CHL handbook and review it whenever you have a spare moment. Listen in class and you will pass the exam with flying colors. Most instructors will hint at what to remember, mine repeated things that were on the exam.
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I don't have the gift of a photographic memory. I always take notes. It has been driven deep into my psyche. I retain information better if I write it down. Every time I attend a meeting at work, I have my notebook and pen. IMO, it's a good habit for everyone.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”