The wisest choice

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

pastor1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pastor1 »

I'm a teacher also. Several years ago I went on an in-service trip to Austin in a Ford Excursion owned by the district. I didn't know at the time that state law forbids my carry on such vehicles (unless given permission by the district, HA HA!). From then on, I've used by own personal vehicle for all such trips and the district re-imberses me for the gas.
Isaiah 40:31

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stevie_d_64 »

longtooth wrote:You have a "few weeks". Get busy practicing. Just because I did not have a Waiting Room does not mean I did not create my own. The practice I recomend for those in waiting is good for me too. When I change something, get a new rig, or have to do something different, I practice starting as soon as I can.
Most know I just changed my Sunday carry. Wore it around the house a couple of days before getting out w/ it. Made Mom's & then in public. Got Mom to give me a bunch of grammaw huggs. Made Wed. night & by Sunday I was comfortable & had figured out what was comfortable.

Figure out what kind of routeen you will have. Start practicing your changing in the RR & out w/ it under your robe, wrapped in a towel or in your overnight bag. Use your overnight bag at the house. If you start trying things you will see some things that :oops: :oops: :oops: "that wont work" & then you will :hurry: "why didnt I think of that before." :thumbsup:
Practice is the key to being comfortable & not calling attention to self.
I have all confidence that a good teacher like you will be a creative learner & ready for the close quarters. Glad you are not leaving it at home.
LT.
Big time agree with this...Good luck on your trip!!! And don't forget to have some fun...It can't all that bad...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”