HPD: Off-Duty Officer Stops Attempted Burglary

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Geopagus
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Geopagus »

For those of you who think that Tasers are being misused, understand that they are a justifiable means of helping a LEO or even civilian (in states that allow it) deescalate a situation without resorting to the use of deadly force. There are exceptions to the rule and I understand that.

It's funny how people tend to forget that the media tends to portray their stories in the complete wrong context and are often misleading. Sadly, they do it for the sole purpose of grabbing audience attention and ratings.

txinvestigator, I appreciate your candor and insight in trying to enlighten Lucky45. It saddens me when I hear people on this forum who sound anti-LEO. Little do they know what a LEO goes through on the job.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gigag04 »

I'll play the card if you won't :)

When TXI says he's BDTD...he speaks from a good number of years of LEO experience. For me this adds much weight to what he is saying in this discussion. Though both sides seem "logical" in a "i have never done that sort of way" - to hear from someone who has experienced having to hawk someone down on foot and not having time to get the radio call in really puts it in perspective for me on how this may or may not have played out.

FWIW...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
Lucky45
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Lucky45 »

Interesting articles came out yesterday. Alot of points pros and cons that we didn't even discuss. Read the entire article.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... -headlines

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”