Wife: I prefer to live in the "lala" land

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 9

Wife: I prefer to live in the "lala" land

Post by Beiruty »

It is not here exact words, but close. My wife does consider living with committed CHLer, who pasted a banner that reads " Carry your damn gun" on his gun safe, as someone who is living in fear. Moreover, fear of others, fear from being killed or attacked.

For instance, one time,while I was doing an after hours ATM transaction, I signaled to one subject who wanted to enter a locked bank to back off and come later. My wife considered my act as an aggressive and mean attitue, kind of bossy behavior with unknown subjects that may lead to a confrontation.

I guess my wife is flip flopping with concept of living with armed person, like undercover LEO, an officer, etc. and the concept of no war, land of peace, land of happiness, the "lala land". She adds, if our safest city in Texas is not safe anymore, we would move to somewhere else.

I also suspect that her female buddies, are laying a lot of peer pressure as most of them know I do carry. My bad! A lesson for others to learn, keep CHL business for yourself, your family. Do not boast that you are armed and you are sheepdog among your friends. friends are not friends when they are afraid of you being armed.

Note, my wife had one trip to range and she liked shooting a lot. She suggested to drag her buddies for a practice session. :woohoo.... Now I am :headscratch :headscratch
Last edited by Beiruty on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wife: I prefer to live in the "lala" land

Post by anygunanywhere »

Make no attempt to figure her out.

It is a waste of time.

Of course, I am preaching to the choir.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I wish you luck sir. I've never been in a serious relationship. I think my problem is im still trying to figure out women. I should probably just give up on that notion right now. :lol::
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

There is just 1 anwser. Problem is you will never figure out what that answer is because when you do it will change. :biggrinjester:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

ajwakeboarder wrote:I think my problem is im still trying to figure out women.
Much like that commercial where, they allll bundle, ... we allll are still trying to figure out women. Except for those of us that have given up and just go with the flow.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I pressed hard with my wife to understand what is the objection for carrying:
1) Do NOT carry your fannypack (most comfortable carrying style) unless you are on the beach or on travel, etc).Her COACH buddies are nagging to much about out of style, I guess.
2) Carry a mouse gun, or keep you subcompact concealed, she mean canceled is canceled. if I was asked by my friends if I am carrying, say NO! That means use you smartcarry. I have to buy a new one as mine is bit abused more than it should. :evil2:
3) Other points are confidential :smilelol5:
Beiruty,

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Beiruty, I would reassure her that your carrying out of concern, not fear, and as a precaution. I'm sure she's aware that there are bad people in this world and we can't always tell who they are in advance.

I would also, carefully, talk with her and try to figure out where her point of view is coming from. It sounds like you are already aware that it might be her friends projecting their fear on her. Unfortunately, you can't take that one back unless she got a whole new set of friends. :cool:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

C-dub wrote:Beiruty, I would reassure her that your carrying out of concern, not fear, and as a precaution. I'm sure she's aware that there are bad people in this world and we can't always tell who they are in advance.

I would also, carefully, talk with her and try to figure out where her point of view is coming from. It sounds like you are already aware that it might be her friends projecting their fear on her. Unfortunately, you can't take that one back unless she got a whole new set of friends. :cool:

Exactly, in nutshell, she fears that my carrying style is japerdizing her relationship with so called friends some Nouveau Riche" ladies, who came from non-other than a country called Syria, a great country by the way, great folks, ruled by tyrants and merciless killers.
Beiruty,

Syntax360

Post by Syntax360 »

So what's the problem? It sounds to me like you would be good if you ditched the fannypack and kept your mouth shut - two things a woman shouldn't have had to tell you to do. Do you carry a gun to be comfortable, or to be safe? Get a quality IWB holster and gun belt and learn to carry a concealed firearm the way the rest of us do it.

AEA

Post by AEA »

Sorry, I can't help you with this one.........

But I can tell you what I did.........
Instead of buying shoes, dresses, coats, fingernails, hair-do's, purses, anything and everything that comes in a makeup bottle and many other things that were totally a waste of money,...........I just got rid of the Wife, moved and bought more guns! "rlol"
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Syntax360 wrote:So what's the problem? It sounds to me like you would be good if you ditched the fannypack and kept your mouth shut - two things a woman shouldn't have had to tell you to do. Do you carry a gun to be comfortable, or to be safe? Get a quality IWB holster and gun belt and learn to carry a concealed firearm the way the rest of us do it.

You sound harsh, but I may deserve it. I have 3 IWB, one generic, and 2 custom made, in the summer,IWB does not work well with light shirt, 511 one are to the rescue.
Beiruty,

psijac

Post by psijac »

Your first paragraph is hard to read
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

AEA wrote:Sorry, I can't help you with this one.........

But I can tell you what I did.........
Instead of buying shoes, dresses, coats, fingernails, hair-do's, purses, anything and everything that comes in a makeup bottle and many other things that were totally a waste of money,...........I just got rid of the Wife, moved and bought more guns! "rlol"

I did re-evaluation of my options some 5 yrs ago, as a family man, and kids' best dad, the interest of my kids as re superior to mine. My kids, are " The light of my heart", Yesmeena, and Ryan, "The light of my eyes". I did decide NOT to go your route.
Beiruty,

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

psijac wrote:Your first paragraph is hard to read

Thanks for pointing this out. I re-wrote it. Please let me know if it reads better.
Beiruty,

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”