Anyone carry at their job?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
x007x
Posts in topic: 3

Anyone carry at their job?

Post by x007x »

I was just curious. For example, if you work in the mall would you carry or leave it in the car or home? Also, would you inform your boss/owner about it or keep it to yourself?
-CHL-
-NRA-

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Anyone carry at their job?

Post by C-dub »

If my employer wasn't so freaky about guns I would carry all day long and really could say that I carry 24/7. My immediate boss does know I have a CHL and wishes I could carry at work. There have been some folks he's fired that have made some vague threats and even though we have "security" in the building it is not difficult to get in unnoticed.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tomtexan »

Every day!
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

barstoolguru

Post by barstoolguru »

NO. I am self-employed and I my employer said no :clapping:
Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!"......George Will

reh

Post by reh »

My employer has an explicit policy notice at the front door, including a parking lot policy. I therefore don't carry in, and don't really want to become a test case for the "Parking Lot" law (although as far as I can tell, my employer doesn't meet any of the criteria to exempt them from the parking lot - e.g. not gated, located in a rather bad part of town, etc.). I wish the law could be better clarified so that I could at least confidently leave in the vehicle, and so that they'd have to eliminate the parking lot from their policy.

JackRR

Post by JackRR »

Inside store I will get fired. Parking lot is covered by castle doctrine so I keep my carry there. I also never tell anyone but my fellow CHL buddies that I keep it there.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

reh wrote:I wish the law could be better clarified so that I could at least confidently leave in the vehicle, and so that they'd have to eliminate the parking lot from their policy.
The law is pretty clear in my opinion. What particular part do you question?

The law does say that the company can't make a policy. It says the policy has no force of law. It's kind of like the gun buster signs. There is no law that says you can't post them, but they have no legal status.
NRA Endowment Member

teri

Post by teri »

I won't be able to carry at work. I can leave it in my car, in the parking garage.
6/2/12 - CHL Class
7/20/12 - Plastic in hand!

~Do it today! It might be illegal tomorrow. - author unknown~

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

nope. i work in the ER! nothing bad happens there....... :leaving
'got to Texas ASAIC.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

WildBill wrote:
reh wrote:I wish the law could be better clarified so that I could at least confidently leave in the vehicle, and so that they'd have to eliminate the parking lot from their policy.
The law is pretty clear in my opinion. What particular part do you question?

The law does say that the company can't make a policy. It says the policy has no force of law. It's kind of like the gun buster signs. There is no law that says you can't post them, but they have no legal status.
:iagree: The law is clear. It's my employer that's fuzzy. They also have not amended their policy regarding the parking lot that does belong to them.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

barstoolguru wrote:NO. I am self-employed and I my employer said no :clapping:
Man, you're killing me. :biggrinjester:

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Yes. I actually open carry. It's not only allowed, it's encouraged. :mrgreen:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Topic author
x007x
Posts in topic: 3

Post by x007x »

USA1 wrote:Yes. I actually open carry. It's not only allowed, it's encouraged. :mrgreen:

Ooo gun retail??
My store owner is a weird one.. As in, you don't even get a hello from him.
So of course I have to confirm with him correct? I am just double checking.
Thanks for the responses.
-CHL-
-NRA-

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

Self employed & carry 24-7 unless illegal.

I also know of several businesses in Angelina County that are not gun shops that employees carry.
Definately not the Targets, WalMarts, HEB, type stores but small businesses. Several of the ones I know I have trained.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”