alamo carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tornado
Posts in topic: 1

Re: alamo carry

Post by tornado »

There's a valid 30.06 sign in the basement, next to the bicycle.
The stars at night are big and bright. :txflag:

TexDotCom

Post by TexDotCom »

LOL...it's not for sale, Fran-cis. :-D Thanks for the laugh.

:txflag:

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

wgoforth wrote:When we went a couple of years ago, I called and asked a lady at the Alamo if they were posted or not. She said she wasn't sure but put me through to a "Daughter of the Republic." She sounded elderly and wasn't sure she would be up on the jargon, so I made it simple, "Do you permit conceal carry at the Alamo?" She said "You mean gun?" I told her yes. In a rough sounding gravely voice, she said loudly, "If ya got 'em, BRING 'EM!"
Best thing I've heard all day.

:thumbs2:

:txflag:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Rich55

Post by Rich55 »

I just went to the Alamo on March 14,2014. In the queue line to enter the Alamo they have posted Do's and Dont's. One says "No illegal guns allowed. CHL with Permit"

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

Rich55 wrote:I just went to the Alamo on March 14,2014. In the queue line to enter the Alamo they have posted Do's and Dont's. One says "No illegal guns allowed. CHL with Permit"
Good to know. Welcome to the forum.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

It's been several years, but I remember seeing a sign, 'asking men to remove their hats'.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Oldgringo wrote:It's been several years, but I remember seeing a sign, 'asking men to remove their hats'.
http://www.thealamo.org/education/fun-facts.html
"This tradition at the Alamo dates to 1913 when the Daughters of the Republic of Texas first placed a sign at the entrance which read: 'Gentleman on entering the Alamo will please remove their hats, and all visitors will speak in low tones, in recognition of the sacredness of this shrine.' Removing one's hat is a sign of respect."
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

I was told by one of their "rangers" a few years ago that, due to some law suit they couldn't ask people to lower their voices any more. Made me sad. Oh, and I do remove my hat.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I hardly ever wear a hat, but when I do, I remove it when entering The Alamo and I don't have to be told to lower my voice.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”