Alliance air show - again.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Alliance air show - again.

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I was told $25, but i get to park for free cause i'm an aviation student at the TCC Alliance Campus. They're going to open up the schools ramp to watch the show, but i'll probably walk down to the main ramp. I like to walk through the static displays too.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Rex B
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Rex B »

PUCKER wrote:The air show has a facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/AllianceAirShow), just posted the following there as a heads-up for them.
Folks, just wanted to give you a heads-up regarding your Entry Restrictions, "No firearms (including CHL - please see below)."
30.06 is non-applicable to property owned by a city, see section (e) of 30.06. (e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035. Here is the link: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D ... /PE.30.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
http://www.allianceairshow.com/NeedToKn ... tions.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I posted this on their page today.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cb1000rider »

I can't see it.. wonder if they took it down.

Until there is a penalty for posting these sorts of signs where prohibited, they're going to continue to crop up. If posting the sign was the only issue, I don't think I'd have a problem with it... but the signs tend to "confuse" law enforcement in some circumstances.... And they provide a certain level of encouragement in regard to remaining confused.

The litmus test here is to have someone walk in, get wanded and see what happens... My guess is you're out $25-$30 for parking.

Rex B
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Rex B »

I posted it as a comment to their newest topic at the time, about 5 down.
It starts out "It's just two days until the start .." with a photo of the Thunderbirds directly overhead.

It's got one "Like", please add yours
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by drjoker »

Rex B wrote:
PUCKER wrote:The air show has a facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/AllianceAirShow), just posted the following there as a heads-up for them.
Folks, just wanted to give you a heads-up regarding your Entry Restrictions, "No firearms (including CHL - please see below)."
30.06 is non-applicable to property owned by a city, see section (e) of 30.06. (e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035. Here is the link: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D ... /PE.30.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
http://www.allianceairshow.com/NeedToKn ... tions.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The reason why you do not see post is you posted a ckmment on their post instead of making an original post.

jamminbutter

Post by jamminbutter »

Rex B wrote:
Posted directly to their page.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Rrash wrote:They said the best way to fight the signs is through legislature and writing the city of Fort Worth.
Not effective, or it would already be illegal for trucks to have "not responsible for windshield damage" signs.

As much as I would love to see it become illegal to post an intentionally misleading sign, if it was going to happen, it would have happened long before 30.06 existed.

TBJK

Post by TBJK »

Funny how they post an old law.

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I went today. It was great. One thing that kinda tipped my radar. There were Homeland Security people walking around all over the place.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

ajwakeboarder wrote:I went today. It was great. One thing that kinda tipped my radar. There were Homeland Security people walking around all over the place.
Not being facetious, but how could you tell who they were? Were they in some sort of uniform?
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

Maybe they showed up in one of these.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

n5wd wrote:
ajwakeboarder wrote:I went today. It was great. One thing that kinda tipped my radar. There were Homeland Security people walking around all over the place.
Not being facetious, but how could you tell who they were? Were they in some sort of uniform?
Public Outreach at military open house/ air shows is very common.
[youtube][/youtube]
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

n5wd wrote:ou tell who they were? Were they in some sort of uniform?
They were in Khaki's with Department of Homeland Security on their shirts and caps. One was sporting a Thigh rig and the other was using a paddle holster.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Those who went to the show... Did you carry?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

victory

Post by victory »

C-dub wrote:Maybe they showed up in one of these.
[ Image ]
Maybe they were frisking toddlers. :totap:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”