Teen killed by Florida CHL'er

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Teen killed by Florida CHL'er

Post by apostate »

Right2Carry wrote:Didn't the car with the youths drive off? Is it possible that a gun was in the vehicle and was disposed of before the police were able to search the vehicle?
It's possible but in returning guilty verdicts for attempted murder, the jurors unanimously said that, based on the evidence they saw and heard, there was no (reasonable) doubt in their minds (1) Dunn wasn't threatened with a gun by the occupants of the other vehicle and (2) Dunn was trying to kill the guys in the other vehicle, not hurt or scare them.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Right2Carry »

apostate wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:Didn't the car with the youths drive off? Is it possible that a gun was in the vehicle and was disposed of before the police were able to search the vehicle?
It's possible but in returning guilty verdicts for attempted murder, the jurors unanimously said that, based on the evidence they saw and heard, there was no (reasonable) doubt in their minds (1) Dunn wasn't threatened with a gun by the occupants of the other vehicle and (2) Dunn was trying to kill the guys in the other vehicle, not hurt or scare them.
No doubt Dunn did several things wrong the first being he engaged the kids over loud music.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

Right2Carry wrote:
apostate wrote:
No doubt Dunn did several things wrong the first being he engaged the kids over loud music.
:iagree: plenty of gas stations down the road.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
apostate wrote:
:iagree:
I will add my thoughts. Teens have been playing loud music in their cars as far back as there have been radios in cars. Heck, we use to do it. Even funnier, I still do on occasion. I would never get home if I took the time to give grief to the occupants of every car I pass with loud music playing. At times, it seems like every light I get stuck at has someone playing their boom ti boom bass loud enough that I can feel it in my legs. :smilelol5: I just blow it off. Loud music and teens are on my long long list of "who cares?".

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
apostate wrote:
I will add my thoughts. Teens have been playing loud music in their cars as far back as there have been radios in cars. Heck, we use to do it. Even funnier, I still do on occasion. I would never get home if I took the time to give grief to the occupants of every car I pass with loud music playing. At times, it seems like every light I get stuck at has someone playing their boom ti boom bass loud enough that I can feel it in my legs. :smilelol5: I just blow it off. Loud music and teens are on my long long list of "who cares?".
I would venture to say that in the vast majority of instances the way a person reacts to loud music depends on what type of music the person listens to.

Did I mention the time Mrs Anygun and I were in La Grange walkiing towards the front door of the HEB? We heard loud country music (Dwight Yoakam, to be exact) blasting behind us. We turned to look at the vehicle as it passed. It was a chevy pickup, windows down. The driver was a black gentleman sporting dreadlocks. We stopped, looked at each other, laughed heartily. Where was the Bob Marley tune?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

anygunanywhere wrote: I would venture to say that in the vast majority of instances the way a person reacts to loud music depends on what type of music the person listens to.

Did I mention the time Mrs Anygun and I were in La Grange walkiing towards the front door of the HEB? We heard loud country music (Dwight Yoakam, to be exact) blasting behind us. We turned to look at the vehicle as it passed. It was a chevy pickup, windows down. The driver was a black gentleman sporting dreadlocks. We stopped, looked at each other, laughed heartily. Where was the Bob Marley tune?

Anygunanywhere

:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: You owe me a cup of coffee and a keyboard!

hillfighter
Banned

Post by hillfighter »

Right2Carry wrote:No doubt Dunn did several things wrong the first being he engaged the kids over loud music.
The story I read said he asked them politely to turn down the volume and they did. It could have ended there.

It should have ended there, but then Davis went looking for trouble and found it.
"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

GUILTY! First degree murder.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/01/lo ... latestnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

C-dub wrote:GUILTY! First degree murder.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/01/lo ... latestnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A well deserved verdict.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
apostate wrote:
:oops: :oops: um, yes, I still do this. I rarely get a chance to have the car and radio to myself, so I like to rock out on occasion. And there might have been a blasting of Metallica while close to a lady at a light that had Obama & Berkley stickers on her car and it may have made her physically jump and watch me in her rear view mirror as we entered the intersection... Maybe, kinda sorta. -- This man murdered that kid in cold blood and drove off. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. He's the adult, move your car to another spot. Kids love their music, nothing has changed or ever will.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

CHLLady wrote:And there might have been a blasting of Metallica while close to a lady at a light that had Obama & Berkley stickers on her car ...
When I come across someone like this and the time of day is right, I'll put all the windows down and crank up Rush or Mark Levin. :bigear:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

C-dub wrote:
CHLLady wrote:And there might have been a blasting of Metallica while close to a lady at a light that had Obama & Berkley stickers on her car ...
When I come across someone like this and the time of day is right, I'll put all the windows down and crank up Rush or Mark Levin. :bigear:
You hardcore rebel! You roll your windows down. :smilelol5: It's usually ACDC or Queen, happened to be Metallica when that Berkley sticker was just enough to push me over. Lol. We love Mark Levin! That's what's on when everyone else is in the car. We have to educate our kids. I was so proud when my daughter told me she was the ONLY one who knew what ISIS was when her history teacher asked the class! :thumbs2:
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Good bands for sure, but have you checked out anything by Madison Rising? They are the band that has, IMHO, an excellent rock version of the Star Spangled Banner. They have a couple other songs that would make most liberal's blood boil.

Right to Bear
Lock N' Load
Come to the Ready
Ready If It Goes There

EDIT: And an impressive rendition of America the Beautiful.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

Many years ago my in-laws were sitting at a stoplight with he windows down when a car with the music up and heavy bass thumping, with the driver feeling the groove and moving to the beat pulled up beside them. They both kinda looked over at the car and the driver turned off the music and smiled. My father-in-law then turned UP his music and they both started moving to the beat as they serenaded the other driver with a romping rendition of 'I've Been Working on the Railroad' from the children's tape that was in the player. The other driver was laughing so hard when the light turned green that he didn't even notice it had changed as they drove off. :lol:

As to the original topic, this guy was looking to pick a fight and he got exactly what he deserved in the verdict.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

CHLLady wrote:
C-dub wrote:
You hardcore rebel! You roll your windows down. :smilelol5: It's usually ACDC or Queen, happened to be Metallica when that Berkley sticker was just enough to push me over. Lol. We love Mark Levin! That's what's on when everyone else is in the car. We have to educate our kids. I was so proud when my daughter told me she was the ONLY one who knew what ISIS was when her history teacher asked the class! :thumbs2:

You're all wussies. You wanne freak someone out, put on the shades, turn the old baseball cap around, roll down the windows and blast a little Die Valkyrie. :tiphat:

Ba Bum ba ba DAH DAH!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”