Emailing CHL Paperwork??

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jayinsat
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Emailing CHL Paperwork??

Post by jayinsat »

I hope everyone takes note. That eleminated the 3 week wait for status update. Share the news with friends who you know are applying.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TexasCajun »

:thewave
:hurry:
:thumbs2:
:woohoo
:thewave
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

ReadyTexan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ReadyTexan »

Were you able to send your passport photos this way as well?

EDIT:

I just read another thread where someone said they uploaded thier picture. It also seems like you may not even need one, that you can request they use your drivers liscence photo.

Taurus.40

Post by Taurus.40 »

That's correct, you can use your current DL picture.
NRA member

TobyMcCann

Post by TobyMcCann »

I did the same procedure on Dec 3rd and my status as of today is "still waiting on required documents." I'm beginning to think I should have just mailed in my initial application paperwork.
11/07/12 Application Submitted Online
11/12/12 Fingerprints Completed
11/24/12 Class Completed
12/03/12 E-Mailed Docs

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmra »

TobyMcCann wrote:I did the same procedure on Dec 3rd and my status as of today is "still waiting on required documents." I'm beginning to think I should have just mailed in my initial application paperwork.
My wife did everything online (including emailing docs) for her renewal on Dec 26. Got her new plastic yesterday.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

donniet

Post by donniet »

TobyMcCann wrote:I did the same procedure on Dec 3rd and my status as of today is "still waiting on required documents." I'm beginning to think I should have just mailed in my initial application paperwork.

I mailed my renewal on 12/14/12. When there was no status change by 12/27/12, I uploaded and emailed all my paper work. On 01/09/13 there was still no status change. I called and was told, at present it is a minimum of 4 weeks from receipt to status change. My status changed to information received on 01/11/13 and status changed to mailed on 01/17/13. I expect to get my license this week. I hope you get a status change soon.
NRA ENDOWMENT
Plastic..many years ago

MrZ2u

Post by MrZ2u »

I live in Austin. Is there any way do deliver everything in person? If so is there any advantage in doing so?

pmartin696
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pmartin696 »

guera wrote:I electronically submitted my CHL Checklist, CHL FAST receipt, CHL-6, & CHL-100 this morning using the above "contact us" link.

I did however have an issue w/ the attachment file size. At first I tried uploading a large file and I got a "run time error". I reduced the file size and got it to uploaded fine.

Now let the waiting begin.. :drool:

Guerra
Is there still a requirement to send in the CHL-6 form now that they use the TXDL photo? If I still need to send it in, do I have place a photograph on it? I submitted my CHL-100 via email, Did application online, and did fingerprints using state contractor. Its been 3 weeks and no status change and Im worried maybe I missed something.

CainA

Post by CainA »

I don't think they use the TX DL photo by default. I believe you have to tell them to "USE TX DL Photo" or something like that.

txtaxman

Post by txtaxman »

Is there still a requirement to send in the CHL-6 form now that they use the TXDL photo? If I still need to send it in, do I have place a photograph on it? I submitted my CHL-100 via email, Did application online, and did fingerprints using state contractor. Its been 3 weeks and no status change and Im worried maybe I missed something.

I tell my students to send in the CHL-6, as it has the Signature block they use in manufacturing the CHL. I also tell my students to print the words "Please use Texas Drivers License Photo" on the CHL-6. No photo is required, as they will use the Texas Drivers License Photo.

For whatever it is worth, I recommend that my students mail their documents vis the USPS. To test the system, I completed the on-line renewal application for my own CHL and uploaded the Checklist and my DPS Concealed Handgun Instructor Certificate on 12/22/2012. On 1/4/2013 DPS responded that they recived my documents and forwarded them to a technician. As of this morning, the DPS website still has not been updated to show the documentation has been received, so I contacted them and uploaded the documents again via the website.
Lamar County

pmartin696
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pmartin696 »

Finally got mine on Wednesday. 100% electronicly submitted. It seems that they "lost" it some how, but after calling at talking with them several time they were able to move the process along. I found that later in the day is the best time to call. Friday I got through in 10 mins. I waited on hold once for 50mins only to get disconnected while getting transfer to the Data entry department. The answering operators do have the ability to check the inbox while your on the phone. People on the phone were very helpful and when I told them it had been over 8 weeks since I had resubmitted they said "Oh no that wont work" and gave me a fax number to fax sheets in. All in all it wasnt to painful, just the wait sucked. Thanks all in the forum for their input and suggestions. :anamatedbanana

blackdog8200

Post by blackdog8200 »

I went ahead and used the link from the post above and submitted my renewal (Checklist and CHL-100).
I got the automatic "Thanks for contacting the DPS" email instantly so at least it went through. Hopefully it has not gone into some cyber black hole!

My Cheklist receipt said they would try and reuse my fingerprints and photo. I have 4 months before I need the renewal plastic so I should have enough time to experiment.
Harris County
NRA Life Member 1986

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmra »

blackdog8200 wrote:I went ahead and used the link from the post above and submitted my renewal (Checklist and CHL-100).
I got the automatic "Thanks for contacting the DPS" email instantly so at least it went through. Hopefully it has not gone into some cyber black hole!

My Cheklist receipt said they would try and reuse my fingerprints and photo. I have 4 months before I need the renewal plastic so I should have enough time to experiment.
I went that route and had plastic in hand 38 days later.
I will say my first update did not occur until day 31. I went straight from "Awaiting documents" to "Manufacture Pending" (on day 31). The next day it went to "Mailed". So don't get concerned if it takes a while to get an update.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

blackdog8200

Post by blackdog8200 »

jmra wrote:I went that route and had plastic in hand 38 days later.
I will say my first update did not occur until day 31. I went straight from "Awaiting documents" to "Manufacture Pending" (on day 31). The next day it went to "Mailed". So don't get concerned if it takes a while to get an update.

Sounds about rigt from the last time i renewed...it went from awaiting to Mailed after about 45 days. Not holding my breath. I do hope to get a "got it" email from them though. :txflag:
Harris County
NRA Life Member 1986

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”