Scenario question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Morgan
Posts in topic: 11

Scenario question

Post by Morgan »

You are an employee at a business that is 30.06 posted. You have your gun in your car. A bad guy comes in with a gun and you escape out the back. You return with your gun to defend your coworkers.

Regardless of the wisdom of this action, regardless of anything about how your company may fire you, would this be a violation of the 30.06? Or is the defense of another an exception to prosecution?

Would an employee handbook which states "no fire arms on premises" be sufficient to criminally trespass that employee in this circumstance?

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Scenario question

Post by Jumping Frog »

Neccessity. That's the defense. I can't link or quote from my phone, but look it up in your copy of CHL-16.pdf.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Thanks, I knew that was somewhere I wasn't finding!

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

Jumping Frog wrote:Neccessity. That's the defense. I can't link or quote from my phone, but look it up in your copy of CHL-16.pdf.
Frog is correct. 9.22 I dont have time to get the page # in Penal Code.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

It's page 58 if anyone reads this and is wondering. Thanks guys.

Kythas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kythas »

Unless you work for Auto Zone. If you do exactly this, you'll get fired due to their "no tolerance" policy on employees with firearms on company property.

“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

That's a good reminder 9.22 applies to criminal prosecution, not to employer policy.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Depends how large the company is. If it is a small company and you save the owner's life you will probably not be fired. If it is a large national company and you save your bosses life, you will probably be fired.

Topic author
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Yeah, depending on the company, it is what it is.... I was curious about the legal issues. I mean, Texas, being a right to work state, can fire you for any cause or no cause to a large degree.

I was in a discussion with a fella on another forum who insisted that you'd be in trouble for this "anywhere" and I simply said, "Not in Texas, and not in a lot of other places."

alvins

Post by alvins »

If i could get out of the building. im not going to run back in with my gun period. I would call 911 and be a good witness, im not risking my life like that.

Now if he came out and I had a good shot at him i would take it.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I think some of this would depend on how well you liked your boss.
NRA Endowment Member

emcee rib

Post by emcee rib »

WildBill wrote:I think some of this would depend on how well you liked your boss.
Maybe that's a good thing for bosses to remember when raises and promotions are decided this year. :biggrinjester:
We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.

Kythas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kythas »

emcee rib wrote:
WildBill wrote:I think some of this would depend on how well you liked your boss.
Maybe that's a good thing for bosses to remember when raises and promotions are decided this year. :biggrinjester:
What's a raise? I haven't seen one of those in about 5 years now.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

alvins wrote:If i could get out of the building. im not going to run back in with my gun period. I would call 911 and be a good witness, im not risking my life like that.

Now if he came out and I had a good shot at him i would take it.
Playing devil's advocate, why would you shoot him them? He posed no threat to you at all at that point.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

...and your job and being free on the weekends.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”