300 Movie: AWESOME!!!!!!!!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

KinnyLee
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KinnyLee »

Bill wrote:Just got back from the movie. please do not flame me but this is a typical distortion from the hollow wood crowd. Some content is correct but do we really need such a graphical presentation, special effects, sci fi animals and actors. Why the sex ? I new what to expect but I great movie could have been made. I did like some of the actors.

I guess if your really into to blood and gore, its your movie, definitely a guys night out

Now my big beef, why do parents take their children to these movies. I was saddened to see a 3 year old boy in the seat next to me. when we left i noticed at least 8-10 kids, from baby's to young teens. I would like to see legislation to prevent children from seeing these R movies
Hi Bill, no flaming here. The movie 300 is not really based on history per say, but more closely to Frank Miller's comic book. :cool:

Topic author
Ranger+P+
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ranger+P+ »

Just got back from seeing it for my second time--I took my 20 year old college student nephew with me this time--it blew him away. The second time around I really noticed the amazing texture's used in this film--the scenery and landscapes were so surreal, like a Dali painting or something--and the Battle scenes!! I really picked up more of the dialogue this time also, which is so cool in itself. We both agreed this was not meant to be a historical documentary, but a great action film based on historical events--big difference.

Will own this movie when it arrives on Blue Ray---
The final weapon is the Brain, all else is Supplemental.-John Steinbeck

SPEED/SURPRISE/VIOLENCE OF ACTION

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

Ranger+P+ wrote:I really noticed the amazing texture's used in this film--the scenery and landscapes were so surreal, like a Dali painting or something--and the Battle scenes!!
Or like a really good video game. The whole thing was shot in front of green screens, and all the scenery and background are computer generated.

Doesn't make it less beautiful, or less of an art form, just something different from cinematography.

Kevin

Topic author
Ranger+P+
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ranger+P+ »

I liked what the director had in mind with the whole feel of the film--staying close to Millers Comic Book landscape--like Sin City. Different yes, but visually appealing at the same time.

The final weapon is the Brain, all else is Supplemental.-John Steinbeck

SPEED/SURPRISE/VIOLENCE OF ACTION

casselthief
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by casselthief »

as much as I want to see this movie, how is this On Topic?

anyway, carry on... :lol:

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

casselthief wrote:as much as I want to see this movie, how is this On Topic?

anyway, carry on... :lol:
"Molon Labe"

Thats about it...

But in its defense, I would say that it is probably a very entertaining movie...With a very intense cinematography based upon the embiance of "Sin City" a movie by the same producers I believe...

I plan on going to see this one, along with "Amazing Grace", and I'll probably be dragged kicking and screaming to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...uggg...

But all the while (on topic), I will be "armed and safe"... ;-)
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

dihappy

Post by dihappy »

I liked it, it was surely a visual spectacle. However, due to the style, it didnt really transport me INTO the movie.

It was beautiful and a unique way of capturing the surrounding terrain, but still wasnt real enough to "feel".

As mentioned, the audio and visuals will be eye and ear candy on the hometheater and surround channels for years to come.

Rugrash

Post by Rugrash »

Gonna check it out tonight at the IMAX.

-Rug

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Caught the 8:00 tonight at Vista Ridge in Lewisville. Not many movies I'd pay $7.50 a head to see, but The Wife and I thought this one worth it.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”