The new Perot Museum

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

CenTex
Posts in topic: 3

Re: The new Perot Museum

Post by CenTex »

RottenApple wrote:
CenTex wrote:I am sick and tired of people nitpicking 30.06 signs; If there is a 'NO GUNS' sign of any kind posted, it should be respected; you are putting your ego above personal or managed property rights...
************snip**********

So it seems to me that YOU are the one putting your ego where it doesn't need to be. Namely in telling everyone else here what to do. If you choose to obey a gun-buster sign, then have at it. Enjoy. Do your best. As for me, I'll respect and follow the law.
excerpt from my prior note...

Regardless of the legal discussion, my concern is for the property owner or manager to be able to control his property in the manner he desires as long as it is not illegal. I know you can not be prosecuted or otherwise have your rights or legal protections imposed on but I believe you should respect the rules or request of the property owners. If you are on my property, I would strongly suggest you do so. (I own and run 200 acres of wildlife conservation land and I have had to educate a person or two that chose to violate my rules.)
CenTex
near Belton
NRA Benefactor, GOA, SAF & TSRA Life

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

CenTex wrote:I am sick and tired of people nitpicking 30.06 signs; If there is a 'NO GUNS' sign of any kind posted, it should be respected; you are putting your ego above personal or managed property rights...

The legality of the sign is another discussion.

Grow up!!!!
The property owner has a responsibility to ensure they properly post their location by the rules required to restrict my concealed carry. I am not a mind reader, so if they only have a 'No Guns' or gun busters sign, then i will assume they are OK with concealed carry as they don't have a 30.06 sign posted. I actually know of a couple of places that have generic no guns signs ON PURPOSE so they are not legally restricting concealed carry, but make the other patrons feel comfortable.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JP171 »

CenTex wrote:
RottenApple wrote:
************snip**********

So it seems to me that YOU are the one putting your ego where it doesn't need to be. Namely in telling everyone else here what to do. If you choose to obey a gun-buster sign, then have at it. Enjoy. Do your best. As for me, I'll respect and follow the law.
excerpt from my prior note...

Regardless of the legal discussion, my concern is for the property owner or manager to be able to control his property in the manner he desires as long as it is not illegal. I know you can not be prosecuted or otherwise have your rights or legal protections imposed on but I believe you should respect the rules or request of the property owners. If you are on my property, I would strongly suggest you do so. (I own and run 200 acres of wildlife conservation land and I have had to educate a person or two that chose to violate my rules.)

yep you can ask someone to leave your property, you can even tell them they can't have a concealed weapon, but if you go to edumacatin them you just might find yourself on the wrong side of a very large hole. the law is the law, a generic no guns sign or gunbuster sign doesn't meet the requirement of the law so therefore according to the law I am allowed to ignore the sign period if you don't want CHL on your wild life park then post the LEGAL sign. the law has given a property owner the method by which they may exclude a CHL and it isn't a generic sign. so either comply with the law or stop belly aching about those of us who obey the law

fickman

Post by fickman »

CenTex wrote:Regardless of the legal discussion, my concern is for the property owner or manager to be able to control his property in the manner he desires as long as it is not illegal. I know you can not be prosecuted or otherwise have your rights or legal protections imposed on but I believe you should respect the rules or request of the property owners. If you are on my property, I would strongly suggest you do so. (I own and run 200 acres of wildlife conservation land and I have had to educate a person or two that chose to violate my rules.)
Ha!

My ultimate opinion is that "concealed is concealed". If I go on a property and the owner wants to know what color my underwear is, tough luck. He can make me leave for refusing to show him, or we can have another discussion if he wants to press the issue and try to sneak a peak.

Regrettably, the legislature decided to give property the owners the chance to govern the color of somebody's underwear through the 30.06 law. Thankfully, they were very specific and detailed in defining the owner's ability to do so. The only legal means of seeing into my britches and controlling what I do is through the exact steps enumerated in the law.

If the owner doesn't follow the law, I'll wear whatever color I want.

Maybe the Perot Museum should worry less about what color my underwear is and more about making sure their guests leave with all of the body parts they had when they entered:
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas/M ... 16981.html
Native Texian

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

Is this a private business anyway? The little research I did looks like the Perot's donated money to the city of Dallas. Can anyone correct me on this?

ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ajwakeboarder »

fickman wrote:
Maybe the Perot Museum should worry less about what color my underwear is and more about making sure their guests leave with all of the body parts they had when they entered:
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas/M ... 16981.html
My friend was working when that happened. It was really a freak occurrence. I've gone through that exhibit. I honestly have trouble understanding how anything could stick on those buttons. But accidents happen i guess.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

lowracer

Post by lowracer »

The 30.06 sign is gone. Went there yesterday and no "sign" of it anywhere. Emailed the museum and they confirmed the sign is gone, and the policy has changed. The original "no guns" sign is still there, doing it's awesome job at preventing all bad guys from bringing in guns.

Reds45ACP
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Reds45ACP »

lowracer wrote:The 30.06 sign is gone. Went there yesterday and no "sign" of it anywhere. Emailed the museum and they confirmed the sign is gone, and the policy has changed. The original "no guns" sign is still there, doing it's awesome job at preventing all bad guys from bringing in guns.
Thanks for posting up about this on here as well as Texas3006.com. :txflag:
Hello. My name is Red and I used to carry a .45. Now I carry a 9mm and it's getting easier to admit every day.

Topic author
Zoti
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Zoti »

So why did they take the sign off? Anyone knows?

onecoolpilot

Post by onecoolpilot »

You beat me to it. I came here looking for a post on the Perot Museum, to confirm that there wasn't one, after visiting this past weekend. I was a bit embarrassed when I saw the picture of a 30.06 sign a few posts back. Glad to know that it really isn't there anykmore, and I didn't just miss it. :oops: :shock:
Jeff

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”