Gun stores that don't allow CHL carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rm9792
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Gun stores that don't allow CHL carry

Post by rm9792 »

Thomas wrote:
Skiprr wrote:Yep; ol' Murle is legend. Just ask Crossfire.

Nobody has ever figured out how he stays in business, but there he is...
Money laundering?
I was actually thinking along those lines. Profit margin is to narrow to support his store with the reported number of customers.

Topic author
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

rm9792 wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Money laundering?
I was actually thinking along those lines. Profit margin is to narrow to support his store with the reported number of customers.
From what I hear, the IRS loves anonymous tips.

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 11

Post by wgoforth »

Thomas wrote:
rm9792 wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Money laundering?
Seriously, as scarey and anti-gvt as this guy is (he called ME a liberal) he'd prolly shoot any fed that came in. Kinda puts you in mind of a less friendly looking version of Victor French in Little House on the Prairie, complete with mountain man clothing.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

wgoforth wrote:
Thomas wrote:
rm9792 wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Money laundering?
Seriously, as scarey and anti-gvt as this guy is (he called ME a liberal) he'd prolly shoot any fed that came in. Kinda puts you in mind of a less friendly looking version of Victor French in Little House on the Prairie, complete with mountain man clothing.
Experience tells me those who really hate the government, are almost always criminals. I'm not saying this guy is a criminal. I've certainly never met him or know how he conducts his business or what he does in his private life. I'm only saying that people I've known in the past who were extremely anti-government, have broken laws (or claimed they have). (The correlation is that they don't like the government because it's the government that imposes the laws they don't like, or it's because it's a "cool" thing to do and breaking the law is also a "cool" thing to do.)

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmra »

Thomas wrote: Experience tells me those who really hate the government, are almost always criminals. I'm not saying this guy is a criminal. I've certainly never met him or know how he conducts his business or what he does in his private life. I'm only saying that people I've known in the past who were extremely anti-government, have broken laws (or claimed they have). (The correlation is that they don't like the government because it's the government that imposes the laws they don't like, or it's because it's a "cool" thing to do and breaking the law is also a "cool" thing to do.)
Well, if "this government" circumvents the 2A in an attempt to take what I have legally purchased, I imagine that I along with many other members of this forum might end up falling within your definition of a criminal.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

benenglishtx

Post by benenglishtx »

Thomas wrote:From what I hear, the IRS loves anonymous tips.
Remember to file a Form 211 with enough details to make processing it worthwhile. Otherwise, it'll be ignored.

http://www.irs.gov/file_source/pub/irs-pdf/f211.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA - Golden Eagle; Certified Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer
Life Member - TSRA, GSSF, IHMSA, NRA Whittington Center

Rugrash

Post by Rugrash »

We welcome CHL holders at our shop (Primary Arms in Pearland, TX). I know for a fact that alot of my repeat customers carry and that actually makes me feel safer. I am the point man, in the storefront, who scrutinizes everybody that rings the doorbell. If something were to go wrong, I'm the person most likely to be involved in whatever transpires. Most of us in the store open carry more as a deterrent than anything else, plus drawing from an OWB holster is faster for me anyway.

The Radio Shack down the road from us was robbed by at two armed suspects a last week. Any shop that doesn't "allow" an honest CHL holder in their store really doesn't deserve the business.

Rug

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 4

Post by E.Marquez »

Rugrash wrote:We welcome CHL holders at our shop (Primary Arms in Pearland, TX). I know for a fact that alot of my repeat customers carry and that actually makes me feel safer. I am the point man, in the storefront, who scrutinizes everybody that rings the doorbell. If something were to go wrong, I'm the person most likely to be involved in whatever transpires. Most of us in the store open carry more as a deterrent than anything else, plus drawing from an OWB holster is faster for me anyway.

The Radio Shack down the road from us was robbed by at two armed suspects a last week. Any shop that doesn't "allow" an honest CHL holder in their store really doesn't deserve the business.

Rug
:hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :cheers2:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

I have heard stories about Merles in Granbury Avoid this place like a plague
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jaguar »

tommyg wrote:I have heard stories about Merles in Granbury Avoid this place like a plague
Y'all are making me want to go. Curiosity killed the cat, and all that stuff. :biggrinjester:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Wienerdogtroy

Post by Wienerdogtroy »

wgoforth wrote:Merles in Granbury has official 30.06 and he will tell you he wants to be the only one with a loaded gun in the store. He had a customer arrested because he brought in a gun to be repaired (even though he is a gunsmith).
If true sounds like a great place to never give my money to. :tiphat:

Wienerdogtroy

Post by Wienerdogtroy »

gringo pistolero wrote:I don't care if it's a restaurant, a movie theater, a gun shop, a gun show, or a charity. If they post an anti CHL sign then they don't get my money. Life is too short to do business with prejudiced idiots.
THIS. :iagree:

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 11

Post by wgoforth »

Jaguar wrote:
tommyg wrote:I have heard stories about Merles in Granbury Avoid this place like a plague
Y'all are making me want to go. Curiosity killed the cat, and all that stuff. :biggrinjester:
Just don't get creeped out! He sits behind a 2-way mirror watching his computer screen showing the security cameras inside and outside his store. He is a loon. Don't tell him you have a CHL or he will start telling you how stupid you are.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rm9792
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rm9792 »

I am definitely stopping in if I go up to that area. Waste as much of his time as I can. Maybe even fondle and move inventory around on the shelves "just looking".

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

Wow, looked it up on Google Maps, and I lived less than 250 yards from his shop way back in 1985. :shock:

I wasn't into shooting at that time, I was working as a surveyor in Acton and lived in the apartments across the street to the west of his shop. I can't say for sure, but I believe the shop was there at that time.

Small world.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”