Cinemark "no guns allowed"

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bikerbill
Posts in topic: 2

Cinemark "no guns allowed"

Post by bikerbill »

I don't know if this is news to anybody but me ... my wife and I went to a Cinemark theater in Cedar Park today to see Les Miserables (it was excellent) and noticed as we bought our tickets that the theater had posted a list of a few things they didn't want you to do inside -- last on the list was "no firearms permitted."

This is the first time I remember seeing something like that at that theater, but my PM9 and I went in anyhow and escaped at the end of the flick without detection. I don't honor such signs, since they have no force of law, but I'm wondering if this is going to be a growing trend, even in states like Texas with hundreds of thousands of CHL holders.

I plan to drop a note to Cinemark later to tell them that we don't plan to frequent their theaters until that policy changes. I'm guessing it will do about as much good as writing Feinstein and trying to convince her how wrong she is.
"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." Robert Heinlein

"The difference between a welfare state and a totalitarian state is a matter of time." Ayn Rand

Heartland Patriot

Re: Cinemark "no guns allowed"

Post by Heartland Patriot »

bikerbill wrote:I don't know if this is news to anybody but me ... my wife and I went to a Cinemark theater in Cedar Park today to see Les Miserables (it was excellent) and noticed as we bought our tickets that the theater had posted a list of a few things they didn't want you to do inside -- last on the list was "no firearms permitted."

This is the first time I remember seeing something like that at that theater, but my PM9 and I went in anyhow and escaped at the end of the flick without detection. I don't honor such signs, since they have no force of law, but I'm wondering if this is going to be a growing trend, even in states like Texas with hundreds of thousands of CHL holders.

I plan to drop a note to Cinemark later to tell them that we don't plan to frequent their theaters until that policy changes. I'm guessing it will do about as much good as writing Feinstein and trying to convince her how wrong she is.
Please do NOT write them. Let them put up useless signs that make the un-informed feel good. Its not OUR job to tell them that they aren't keeping out actual CHL holders. I'm not trying to disuade you against not frequenting their business, however. I avoid some places that have signs up that I feel they are SERIOUS about, even if the sign is unenforceable.

Shoot_First
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Shoot_First »

bikerbill wrote:I don't know if this is news to anybody but me ... my wife and I went to a Cinemark theater in Cedar Park today to see Les Miserables (it was excellent) and noticed as we bought our tickets that the theater had posted a list of a few things they didn't want you to do inside -- last on the list was "no firearms permitted."

Bikerbill... Not sure why you would want to tell Cinemark anything. Do you want them to put up a sign to keep you away while carrying? Leave well enough alone!

DocV

Post by DocV »

Let us see if I can summarize the basics:

Anything other than a 30.06 sign does not matter.
Concealed is concealed.
Resist the urge to educate and take your business elsewhere.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

DocV wrote:Let us see if I can summarize the basics:

Concealed is concealed.
BINGO!

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Cinemark
Has always had that sign since we started going there in 2005... I assumed it meant non CHL persons should not bring in cannon, muskets and such…. Has no meaning to any person with a CHL.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
bikerbill

Post by bikerbill »

Ok ... you convinced me ... no letter ... I like Alamo Drafthouse better anyhow ...
"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." Robert Heinlein

"The difference between a welfare state and a totalitarian state is a matter of time." Ayn Rand

dac1842

Post by dac1842 »

I agree with others, do not write, they may put up the correct signs. I disagree on your evaluation of the movie. My wife and went to see it, I was ready to walk out in about 10 minutes, she is a Les Miserables fanatic and even she walked out after about an hour of it. Surprised the heck out of me!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Everyone is correct. We don't want them to learn of the right wording.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

It is a waste of time to contact them anyway. I already contacted their HQ and was told it was company policy to ban firearms and they had no intention of changing.

This was about 5 years ago when I lived in a state where a simple "no guns" sign had the force of law, so I was risking nothing by challenging their sign.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
DocV wrote:Let us see if I can summarize the basics:

Concealed is concealed.
BINGO!
IOW, 'let sleeping dogs lie',

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 6

Post by chasfm11 »

Tinseltown in Grapevine is a Cinemark affiliate and I've never seen any sort of a sign there. Of course, all that matters it me is a 30.06 sign so I'm not looking too hard. OTOH, AMC has their pitifully small (8.5x11) version of a 30.06. While if I wanted to, I'd carry past it since it shouldn't be enforceable, I prefer to drive past there to go to Tinseltown.

I always have a wider than normal grin when I stand under a gunbuster or no guns allowed sign. I'm just a law abiding citizen following the Texas Penal Code instructions. ;-)
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

jmra

Post by jmra »

No sign whatsoever at the one in Mansfield. Carried there last week.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

howdy

Post by howdy »

There are no signs in the Katy Cinemark and I loved Les Miserables.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Went to Cinemark Legacy today and didn't see any signage.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”