Cinemark "no guns allowed"

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Cinemark "no guns allowed"

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Speaking of cinemark. I go to the one in plano quite often. I noticed a few weeks ago that they have a cop standing in the entry lobby. I don't recall noticing this before. It sure made me feel a whole lot safer knowing a cop would be standing in the lobby in case some nut decided to start shooting up the theater some 500 yards away. :lol: it is amazing how little effort it takes to make the Sheeple feel all warm and fuzzy.
We went to Tinseltown in Grapevine on Christmas Day. The Grapevine LEO was actually walking the hallways among the theaters. Considering there was only one of him and a lot of theaters to cover, I'm not sure how much help he could have been if things went South.

I look at it like putting an alarm system sign in your front yard.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Right2Carry »

mloamiller wrote:The Cinemarks in Mansfield, Cedar Hill and Grand Prairie are not posted (that I have seen, at least). The AMC at the Parks Mall (Arlington) is, which is why I don't go there any more.
Although I don't frequent the Parks Mall very often, I have been to see one movie in the last year and did not see a COMPLIANT sign.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

It has been awhile but I've never seen a sign at Cinemark Cypress either.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Matt78665
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Matt78665 »

Please Please do not write them.......
"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
St. Augustine

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Matt78665 wrote:Please Please do not write them.......
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

mloamiller
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mloamiller »

Right2Carry wrote:
mloamiller wrote:The Cinemarks in Mansfield, Cedar Hill and Grand Prairie are not posted (that I have seen, at least). The AMC at the Parks Mall (Arlington) is, which is why I don't go there any more.
Although I don't frequent the Parks Mall very often, I have been to see one movie in the last year and did not see a COMPLIANT sign.
I could tell you where it is, but then you’re liable for knowing it’s posted, right? :lol:

It’s on the far left side of the ticket booth on the bottom floor, with a few other signs posted around it. It’s a curved booth with a glass front wall, so you won’t see the sign while standing in front of the booth where the queue lines are. Once you buy your tickets, you walk past the sign on the way to the escalator, but you would have to turn your head to see it.

Interestingly enough, there is “non-licensed possession of a handgun” sign on the escalator up to where the theatres are.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

mloamiller wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
I could tell you where it is, but then you’re liable for knowing it’s posted, right? :lol:

It’s on the far left side of the ticket booth on the bottom floor, with a few other signs posted around it. It’s a curved booth with a glass front wall, so you won’t see the sign while standing in front of the booth where the queue lines are. Once you buy your tickets, you walk past the sign on the way to the escalator, but you would have to turn your head to see it.

Interestingly enough, there is “non-licensed possession of a handgun” sign on the escalator up to where the theatres are.

So you are saying that sign meets the following requirements?

(B) a sign posted on the property that:
TEXAS CONCEALED HANDGUN LAWS PC §42.01 35
(i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both
English and Spanish;

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code
(trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person
licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed
handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed
handgun"
;

(ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least
one inch in height;
and
(iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to
the public
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

GhostTX

Post by GhostTX »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Speaking of cinemark. I go to the one in plano quite often. I noticed a few weeks ago that they have a cop standing in the entry lobby. I don't recall noticing this before. It sure made me feel a whole lot safer knowing a cop would be standing in the lobby in case some nut decided to start shooting up the theater some 500 yards away. :lol: it is amazing how little effort it takes to make the Sheeple feel all warm and fuzzy.
Legacy Cinemark has had a cop there for a while. Even the "I see you" tower in the parking lot.

Funny...cop in movie theaters where kids go is ok, but put one in a school...yeegads!
XD40 Service in Supertuck
"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Reds45ACP

Post by Reds45ACP »

1) Les Miserables was alright. Took the wife for bonus points. :thumbs2: :mrgreen:

2) Alamo Drafthouse > Any other theater. No bull Gunbusters or 30.06. Just good seats, great food, and tasty beer (just not while carrying :nono: )

3) The Tinseltown in Pflugerville has a gunbuster and a small "no guns" sign at the ticket booths outside. Not 30.06 Compliant. I've carried in there MANY times and will continue to do so unless they put up a 30.06. I'm not going to tell them that though....
Hello. My name is Red and I used to carry a .45. Now I carry a 9mm and it's getting easier to admit every day.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

GhostTX wrote:
Legacy Cinemark has had a cop there for a while. Even the "I see you" tower in the parking lot.

Funny...cop in movie theaters where kids go is ok, but put one in a school...yeegads!
Funny you point that out. I was having a conversation over breakfast this morning and the exact same irony was mentioned. Put a cop in the lobby of a theater, but not at the entrance of an elementary school to protect our children. The reason is obvious. The goal for the libtards is not to protect our children. The goal is to take away our means of resistance as the government increases it's authority over us.

E10

Post by E10 »

Saw Lincoln last night at Cinemark Remcon in El Paso. Same 'Firearms Prohibited' rule posted. Carried my Ruger Speed-Six 9mm past two moon-lighting El Paso police officers, both very stern. Grinned at both and got one to grin back.

Marvelous movie, by the way. Wonderful performances by Daniel Day Lewis, Sally Field, and my favorite, Tommy Lee Jones.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

E10 wrote:Saw Lincoln last night at Cinemark Remcon in El Paso. Same 'Firearms Prohibited' rule posted. Carried my Ruger Speed-Six 9mm past two moon-lighting El Paso police officers, both very stern. Grinned at both and got one to grin back.

Marvelous movie, by the way. Wonderful performances by Daniel Day Lewis, Sally Field, and my favorite, Tommy Lee Jones.
Revisionist? I have heard both yeas and nays.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

GhostTX wrote:Legacy Cinemark has had a cop there for a while. Even the "I see you" tower in the parking lot.

That's simple. The theater is paying for the LEO to be there. The school/ISD doesn't want to or can't afford to do the same. Or the PD doesn't want to or can't afford to put an officer in all the schools within their jurisdiction.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

C-dub wrote:
GhostTX wrote:Legacy Cinemark has had a cop there for a while. Even the "I see you" tower in the parking lot.

That's simple. The theater is paying for the LEO to be there. The school/ISD doesn't want to or can't afford to do the same. Or the PD doesn't want to or can't afford to put an officer in all the schools within their jurisdiction.
Funny thing about what they can afford to do or not afford to do. The high schools in plano had a police officer on campus when my son was attending a few years back. The police officer was to protect the students from each other.

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

Right2Carry wrote: So you are saying that sign meets the following requirements?

(B) a sign posted on the property that:
TEXAS CONCEALED HANDGUN LAWS PC §42.01 35
(i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both
English and Spanish;

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code
(trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person
licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed
handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed
handgun"
;

(ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least
one inch in height;
and
(iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to
the public
Yes; I took a picture of it so I could look up the exact text when I got home.

Now, the "displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public" could be argued (see my earlier description of where it's located), but I doubt I would win that argument.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”