txinvestigator wrote:Image
Geez TxI, no shoap scum or anything...

i wish i had enough guns laying around to have to store them like that
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

9mmGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 9mmGuy »

Skiprr wrote:"It's so hard to keep a decent maid service," said txinvestigator. "I'm not sure why they feel uncomfortable in the house. I've had the plumber ask about the vacuum-packed pistols inside the toilet tanks, but a simple answer satisfied him and he went on about his business.

"Same with the electrician and the mini-Glocks in the overhead light fixtures and the 1911 in the baseboard under the dishwasher, and even the air-conditioner repairman and the AR-15 strapped to the evaporator coil in the attic. No big deal. I'm just not sure what keeps bothering the housekeepers."
:lol:: :rolll o man thats funny...
Skiprr wrote:Now on a personal note, I'm glad I'm not the only one to use a Tillia FoodSaver on gun stuff. I never admitted that before, but now that txinvestigator has come out of the, er, shower...

I started buying most ammo by the case a year or so ago, and I transfer the cartridges to 100-pack, plastic CaseGard containers. Then I got the bright idea to stack 'em two-up and vacuum-seal 'em. I figured, "Why not?" The bags aren't that expensive, are resuseable, and in Houston there's a greater threat of flood than fire. Keeps my cartridges pristine, and if we have a Katrina or Rita, I'm good to go without worrying about how to keep my ammo dry. It's also a great way to store a hangdun if you plan to pack it in the safe and not use it for a few months. Takes all of about 20 seconds and air and moisture can't get to your gun.

I don't have one hanging over my showerhead, though...
Maam always said you learn something every day! Genius!! I am going to night to get one of those food saver things.
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”