IWB w/Tucked Shirt

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jl39775
Posts in topic: 5

IWB w/Tucked Shirt

Post by jl39775 »

How do you wear your IWB with a tucked shirt? I've seen picture with the belt clip exposed. I'm interested in carrying with an IWB with my shirt tucked but I don't want the clips exposed. Is there a way to hide the clips with an IWB?
NRA Member
USAF 93-97

Posts in topic: 2

Re: IWB w/Tucked Shirt

Post by 77346 »

I got kydex j-clips for my FoxX IWB holster... only a small tip is exposed. Since the clips are black, I also wear a black belt so that the j-clips blend in with the belt.
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

Topic author
jl39775
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jl39775 »

77346 wrote:I got kydex j-clips for my FoxX IWB holster... only a small tip is exposed. Since the clips are black, I also wear a black belt so that the j-clips blend in with the belt.
That looks like a good option. If I let my shirt hang a little the tip might disappear
NRA Member
USAF 93-97

Post by 77346 »

Most people don't even notice those little details... I think the average person is not very observant.
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

Gameover
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Gameover »

Check out whitehatholsters they have the velcro clips(I'm sure there are others to). There is a video that will show you everything you need to know. Mine just came in the mail today cant wait to get home. :drool:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Question everything

DEB

Post by DEB »

Man, I have been too afraid to wear IWB with a tucked in shirt, afraid others will quickly notice the bulge on my hip. I do carry OWB with a shirt over it. So kudos to those who can pull off the tucked in shirt...Might be just my body size, LOL.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

I have a crossbreed super tuck, I carry a p 944 and have no problem keeping it concealed and the 944 is a large frame. my M&P also in a crossbreed no problem. I tuck my dress shirts and there is no big bulge, I'm 5'8" at 180 so not really a big guy.

bkj

Post by bkj »

"When seconds count the police are minutes away" Nikki Goeser

“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority…They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” Noah Webster

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

I carried a 226 in a Comp-tac IWB, usually wearing slacks and golf shirt, sometimes dress shirt, with no problems. The clips hook onto your belt but I never had anyone notice or say anything anyway. I'm a lefty so cell phone on the right, pistol on left 7:30-8:00. I hd the same set-up for a P7M8 which is a much more left-hander friendly pistol, but only 8 rounds.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

JP171 wrote:I have a crossbreed super tuck, I carry a p 944 and have no problem keeping it concealed and the 944 is a large frame. my M&P also in a crossbreed no problem. I tuck my dress shirts and there is no big bulge, I'm 5'8" at 180 so not really a big guy.
I just received my new Crossbreed Supertuck last week, and it works perfectly. I use the velcro clips, and only a little bit shows from underneath the belt line. I carry a Sig Sp2022 in 9mm, and it doesn't show at all.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I've tried 'em all except the velcro. Here is my take:

Ordinary belt clips: such as Comp-Tac Minotaur or Crossbreed SuperTuck. Easiest option for putting the holster on and off. Carries the gun securely. The belt clips are visible, sure, but no-one will ever notice them. I would only worry about a visible belt clips if I had to wear them someplace like going to work everyday and absolutely never wanted someone to wonder what is on my belt. These are perfectly acceptable for everyday carry and my preferred choice. Also, I far prefer the Comp-Tac clips to the Crossbreed clips, because they do not mar or scuff my belts. I even bought extra clips from Com-Tac and mounted them on my Crossbreed holsters.

C-Clips: Less visible than ordinary clips. More difficult to take on and off. Over time, they are harder on the belt as you are forcing them over the edge of the belt. I have them, no longer bother using them.

J-Clips: Less visible than ordinary clips or C-Clips. Downside is all the weight of the holster and gun are carried by the fabric of your pants. All the J-Clip does is place the weight on the fabric and the J-part under the belt prevents the holster from pulling out when you draw. Tried these for a while. Don't use them anymore.

Velcro-Clips: Theoretically the best concealment. It appears to me the two downsides would be how velcro gets "gunked up" over time, and potentially less flexibility in where holster position (once you place the velcro on the belt, you have to wear the holster in that position). I would definitely try velcro carry if I was dissatisfied with ordinary belt clips.

One of the other reasons I now use the ordinary clips is I've been carrying a lot of years and gradually realized how clueless everyone is. No-one ever notices. I ever open carried IWB (i.e. grip showing above the belt) hundreds of times in other states and only had someone notice a gun a handful of times. Really, no-one notices.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

If I have to tuck a shirt when carrying IWB, I use the Comp-Tac Minatour and one of the many different clips depending on what I where. I picked up different size belt clips when they were on clearance for 1.25" belts to 1.5". I have the velcro J clips and the C clips for my different belts w/wo velcro for almost any occasion.

When I tuck my shirt, I simply fluff it up on both sides so it looks balanced, I still look a little frumpy, but oh well. NO ONE HAS EVER asked me about it or said anything over the past 3.5 years of carry. No One notices or cares. I suppose if your a model it would be different, but I'm no model :mrgreen: , for me, It doesn't matter if I look a little frumpy as my shirts tend to loosen throughout the day moving around, getting out of the car or whatever. When I use a restroom, I will readjust and retuck if needed to be more "neat" in appearance.

So it really is about your comfort level of your appearance, no one else really cares.

Carry on
NRA Life Member

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

don't want the clips exposed. Is there a way to hide the clips with an IWB?
1) On my Kholster's standard metal clips, I added Wal-Mart's Sticky-back Velrco on the clip and wore them under my belt instead of over it (I use Comp-Tac belt with Velcro sewn in)

2) I use Desantis Tuck This 2 ... which has a single J-Clip that goes under the belt; I added Wal-Mart's Sticky-back Velrco on that clip too

3) C-clips aren't as obvious, work well, but must be correct size for whatever belt you wear.

4) V-clips work well; I have those too-
Velcro-Clips

So, you can change type of clips you use to be less conspicuous; wearing them under a belt instead of over.
======================================================================================
I guess if I'd have read all posts above before starting to reply, I could have just put an ...

:iagree:

===========================

A couple weeks ago I got a holster that has clips that say

HOLSTER.COM

can you guess if those clips are going in the trash?
(I'll donate them again to Students/campuscarry for open/empty holster protest day with other unused holsters from the unused holster storage box/drawer)
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

I carry a full-size glock 17 with a DeSantis Tuck This with a single J-clip & added the Wal-Mart velcro. I have to change the velcro out every few weeks because it does get worn out & the glue isn't that great. I'm pretty set on my position (just behind my right hip with a strong cant), but if I need some variation in position I can just add a longer piece of velcro to the belt.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Ark03

Post by Ark03 »

I have a crossbreed belt with velcro sewn into it (almost all around it), and it works perfectly with my supertuck. Never had the need to change out anything - it is quality velcro. V-clips work perfectly. I don't even bother to change them out when I'm wearing untucked because the velcro just works that well.

I do carry a small CCW (Sig P290), so I don't know if a full-size gun would tax the velcro strength.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”