Wait times on CHL applications???

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Wait times on CHL applications???

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I ran into a fellow tonight who told me he just finished his CHL class. Then he went on to comment that his instructor told him it could be as much as an eight month wait due to the increased numbers of applicants.

My renewal comes due on January 31 and I have not really been rushing to renew as I have my Utah and figured I could carry on that a month or so. I had not figured on waiting several months.

Is there anything to what this fellow told me tonight. I ran into him in a store and don't know him from Adam. He made a comment about prices being high and I agreed. He went on to say how high ammo was and then started talking about the CHL. go figure.

As a side note. I left the store wondering what about me or my look made him think I wanted to talk ammo, guns and CHL. Not that I minded, I just thought it odd he picked me out as a guy that would empathize with high ammo prices. :lol:

He was a nice fellow... BTW. Seemed like a normal guy to me. He didn't act kooky or anything. A real regular Joe type.

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wait times on CHL applications???

Post by nightmare »

I wonder where his instructor got that information.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Wait times on CHL applications???

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

nightmare wrote:I wonder where his instructor got that information.
Same here. That was why I asked on the forum. I don't know the fellow and I am wondering if he was given bad info or maybe he misunderstood something he heard in class. I could visualize an instructor telling stories of the wait times some four years ago, which were as much as eight months, and this guy thinking the same was about to happen or maybe the instructor speculated it would happen.

I just wanted to throw it up in here and see if anyone else was being told this. Unfortunately, I know for a fact it could happen...LOL. read the posts from four years ago in the waiting room forum for proof. It was a real mess.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”