Question on Speedloaders

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
reverendxlt
Posts in topic: 2

Question on Speedloaders

Post by reverendxlt »

OK, so... do I have to conceal ammo? I.E.- Do I need to figure out how to conceal speed loaders, or can I carry them in a pouch openly? Pretty sure you can, but thought I'd ask :). :txflag:
05-17-2012 Packet Sent Certified
05-21-2012 Packet Received by DPS
06-26-2012 Mailed

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Question on Speedloaders

Post by JALLEN »

I wouldn't. If you have a speed loader dangling from your belt in open view, what is the most likely conclusion one might reach?

It's like horse and carriage, love and marriage, bacon and eggs, Ricky and Lucy, Bonnie and Clyde, Ozzie and Harriet, n'est pas?

What else would one need bullets for?
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I use Speed strips or Tuff strips I carry them in either a cellphone case, in my pocket or in a Tuff products pouch. If you are carrying a round speedloader in a closed pouch I seriously doubt anyone will take notice. Other than another wheelgunner.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

reverendxlt wrote:OK, so... do I have to conceal ammo? I.E.- Do I need to figure out how to conceal speed loaders, or can I carry them in a pouch openly? Pretty sure you can, but thought I'd ask :). :txflag:
Short answer is "Yes."

When I carry my revolver I always carry either speed strips or a speed loader in my pocket.

Topic author
reverendxlt

Post by reverendxlt »

uh... would or wouldn't, the question was about legality. I also seriously doubt that most anyone would know what they were, also, Mojo.

To which question were you answering "yes" to, Carlson1? :txflag:
Last edited by reverendxlt on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
05-17-2012 Packet Sent Certified
05-21-2012 Packet Received by DPS
06-26-2012 Mailed

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

reverendxlt wrote:uh... would or wouldn't, the question was about legality. I also seriously doubt that most anyone would know what they were.

To which question were you answering "yes" to, Carlson1? :txflag:
Yes you can legally carry them open. Your ammo does not have to be concealed.

E10

Post by E10 »

My first CHL instructor told us we could legally wear crossed bandoleers, and then proceeded to tell us all the reasons why we shouldn't. I usually carry a Ruger DA revolver with boots and jeans (gotta cowboy-up occasionally) and the speed strip (for the .38 Special) or half-moon clips (for the 9mm) fit very nicely in the watch pocket. I don't use speed loaders or full-moon clips for my reloads because I think I would find them cumbersome to carry. They make a bulge where the speed strip or half-moon clips lay flat.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”