WalMart ammo

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tommyg
Posts in topic: 1

WalMart ammo

Post by tommyg »

Went into Walmart in Austin trying to buy ammo no luck store employee told me ammo was not coming in.
I can't find ammo anywhere. How are we going to get enough to pass our renewals???? I think Obama is at the bottom of this
the gov is buying it all up as soon as it is made leaving none for us. Any info will be helpful
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

MMac

Re: WalMart ammo

Post by MMac »

Went by Walmart yesterday with my wife. I looked at the ammo shelf and they were cleaned out (except for a few shotgun rounds). She was looking for panties – they didn’t have what she was looking for their either….. sound like a big conspiracy – is there a correlation between lack of ammo and panties? Hummm, what are all the ammo hoarders out there doing? I’m sure someone will blame that on Obama too.
Mac
Houston/Klein, TX
NRA Member
S&W M&P 9FS, 9c, Shield 9, 15-22

goose

Post by goose »

Not to defend Obama, but Hornady published a letter stating that 5% of their sales go to the government. I can also tell you that I have four close friends that never stocked up on ammo before Sandy Hook. They each have between 500 and 2000 rounds each now squirrelled away. There are 4000-ish rounds taken off the market in just a few weeks. And they continue to watch Cabellas and other online sellers for more. Multiply that by thousands upon thousands of gun owners and it is a run on the market. The good news is that after this this blows over a bit, and after spouses unhappy with the turn of the family budget towards ammo voice their concerns, there will be plenty to have. I skipped the gunshow this weekend knowing that the market would be crazy. I was told that ammo was readily available if you wanted to part with 200+% of pre Sandy Hook prices.

Heck as someone with a modest stockpile, I'll admit that I am buying (if I find it at normal, pre SH prices) just because there is some child like fear that if I can't get it I should be getting it. The political aura (which can be blamed on the WH some) and my four friends, and I guess myself are to blame.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

MMac wrote:Went by Walmart yesterday with my wife. I looked at the ammo shelf and they were cleaned out (except for a few shotgun rounds). She was looking for panties – they didn’t have what she was looking for their either….. sound like a big conspiracy – is there a correlation between lack of ammo and panties? Hummm, what are all the ammo hoarders out there doing? I’m sure someone will blame that on Obama too.
Hmmm .... Interesting! I noticed this the other day. Image

Panties... Ammo... Bacon... We need to figure this out before it consumes us all. :coolgleamA:

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
MMac wrote:Went by Walmart yesterday with my wife. I looked at the ammo shelf and they were cleaned out (except for a few shotgun rounds). She was looking for panties – they didn’t have what she was looking for their either….. sound like a big conspiracy – is there a correlation between lack of ammo and panties? Hummm, what are all the ammo hoarders out there doing? I’m sure someone will blame that on Obama too.
Hmmm .... Interesting! I noticed this the other day. [ Image ]

Panties... Ammo... Bacon... We need to figure this out before it consumes us all. :coolgleamA:
Dang, that IS some pricey bacon!! :shock:

CainA

Post by CainA »

I lucked out yesterday at wally world. 3 boxes(limit) of 100rnd per WWB in .45acp.

03Lightningrocks

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

Yep... It is self defense bacon. It commands a higher premium. I was just happy to find it. I bought all they had! :shock:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Redneck_Buddha wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

Yep... It is self defense bacon. It commands a higher premium. I was just happy to find it. I bought all they had! :shock:
Well, that stuff will kill ya. Hey! I wonder which will kill a person quicker, smoking cigarettes or eating bacon?

It's been quite a while since I've seen any .45 in WalMart except for that PDX1 stuff.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

300rd Winchester 40s&w 165 FMJ for $107.31, this morning WMT, Temple. Just gotta be lucky I guess. Guess I'll go shooting Friday.

03Lightningrocks

Lol... I am going to go with the bacon.

glock76

Post by glock76 »

Is that A-Salt Bacon??

Found 3 boxes of 9mm Winchester White box two weeks ago. I then found some 40 last week win white box.

03Lightningrocks

glock76 wrote:Is that A-Salt Bacon??

Found 3 boxes of 9mm Winchester White box two weeks ago. I then found some 40 last week win white box.
:thumbs2: :lol::

strider67

Post by strider67 »

C-dub wrote:Well, that stuff will kill ya. Hey! I wonder which will kill a person quicker, smoking cigarettes or eating bacon?
Have you ever tried bacon cigarettes? Me neither...but if they made them, I'd be tempted to try one.

Stopped by WalMart on the way home...again. Should have pulled over and taken a nap. It would have been more productive.
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Lol... I am going to go with the bacon.

Wonder when Bloomberg will get around to banning bacon. :roll:
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”