Unpaid traffic camera ticket

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Unpaid traffic camera ticket

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Keith B wrote:
ajwakeboarder wrote:I got hit with a red light ticked because they took a picture of the wrong car. I was sitting in the middle land at the intersection and a car that is the same make, model, and color of mine rolled through the red on a right turn. They took a picture of my plates even though I was stationary.
That's why they are supposed to have a video along with it to see who was actually moving through the intersection.
They had video, 2 still pictures showing the car running the light, and a close up of my license plate. The funny thing is I have 2 bumper stickers on the back of my car that you can see in all the pictures and barley in the video. Nothing on the back of his, but they still sent me the ticket.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by JP171 »

oldnfat2 wrote:I wholly support the traffic cams. It pisses me off to see idiots blast thru red lights with no thought of the mayhem they might cause. Know anyone involved in a collision caused be someone running a red light? I bet every one of us does. Obey the laws and drive safely and the traffic cams are not an issue. And stay off your cell phones when driving in the city.

I DO NOT support any type of unmanned and arbitrary surveillance for the express purpose of being a fiscal boost to the coffers, red-light cameras do not say who was driving and even the fancy systems that do have a cross camera are very poor at getting pictures inside of the passenger cabin and not at all on motorcycles. I know of people who have been at work and had their vehicle stolen, didn't know till they got home after work, they get a red-light ticket but still have to pay because the vehicle wasn't reported stolen until after the violation.

it boils down to this very simply, red-light cameras have no value as a deterrent to running red lights, the only values they have are to the companies that install and run them and the cities that contract these companies, that value is a cost effective income source. :mad5

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gigag04 »

College Station residents sued CS and had them taken down.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

jmra

Post by jmra »

Guess I've just been really lucky. I've been in a number of situations where I was approaching an intersection and either the light had a quick yellow or a car was close behind and I did not feel safe stopping so quickly. In almost all of these cases I saw the light turn red as I passed thru the intersection and of course there were cameras. But, I've never received a ticket in the mail. In fact the ones that have happened at night, I've never seen the "flash".

Now I have seen the "flash" at night when people just totally disregarded a light that was red before they were even close to the intersection. I also have seen a lot of "flashes" when cars are making a right on red. The right on red i think is the biggest issue because many times you have to pull beyond the white line in order to see past the traffic in the lanes to your left.

I don't like the cameras. But if they are going to be used, there should be delays programmed into the system so that people aren't getting rear ended because they slammed on their brakes out of fear of a traffic cam. I believe that these delays must have been incorporated into the systems at the intersections where I have seen the light turn red as I was passing thru, otherwise I would have a growing collection of unwanted photos.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Dangerzone

Post by Dangerzone »

#11 Could prevent renewal of the license. 11) has not been finally determined to be delinquent in the payment of a tax or other money collected by the comptroller, the tax collector of a political subdivision of the state, or any agency or subdivision of the state;

Unfortunately these Cities are political subdivisions under Texas law. If you owe them for a red light camera ticket you could potentially run the risk of the DPS not issue or renew a License to Carry a gun. Now whether they decide to issue or not is up to the Director.

I think red light cameras are a scam to rob money from people. I forgot which city I read about but the red light camera company reprogrammed the red lights to shorten the yellow light time and the delay between yellow and red. Causing red light cameras tickets to soar! Once the case made it to the Judge he threw out all of the red light tickets and told the city to refund the people's money.

Red light cameras do NOT prevent accidents. If the red light is not going to stop someone from running the red light the addition of a camera will not either. It is a scam to collect revenue illegally from the citizens.

TomV

Post by TomV »

Dangerzone wrote:

Red light cameras do NOT prevent accidents. If the red light is not going to stop someone from running the red light the addition of a camera will not either. It is a scam to collect revenue illegally from the citizens.
IHHS doesn't agree with you

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/red-l ... ning/qanda
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

healthinsp wrote:
Dangerzone wrote:

ummm think CDC when you read this and remember cherry picked stats make what you want seem real, like gun control!

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Post by srothstein »

JP171 wrote:it boils down to this very simply, red-light cameras have no value as a deterrent to running red lights
Actually, every study I have seen says just the opposite. One of the big problems with red light cameras is that, while they do reduce intersection accidents, they increase the number of rear end accidents because people jam on their brakes to avoid the ticket. The jamming on of the brakes is a sign of deterrence.
Steve Rothstein

TomV

Post by TomV »

JP171 wrote:
healthinsp wrote:
Dangerzone wrote:

ummm think CDC when you read this and remember cherry picked stats make what you want seem real, like gun control!
What proof do you have of cherry picked statistics? Do you have access to the full research data? Do you have access to studies that show differently?

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

healthinsp wrote:
JP171 wrote:
healthinsp wrote:
Dangerzone wrote:

What proof do you have of cherry picked statistics? Do you have access to the full research data? Do you have access to studies that show differently?
umm let me see, a company making money off of the camera is really going to be truthful? and did we begin on the fun stuff early? Steve even brought up the studies are actually incorrect in that they cause more rear end collisions than those who actually stop before a crunch, come on really? think healthless

TomV

Post by TomV »

JP171 wrote:
healthinsp wrote:
JP171 wrote:
healthinsp wrote:
Dangerzone wrote:

umm let me see, a company making money off of the camera is really going to be truthful? and did we begin on the fun stuff early? Steve even brought up the studies are actually incorrect in that they cause more rear end collisions than those who actually stop before a crunch, come on really? think healthless
1) It's healthinsp. A short form of what I do for a living. ;-) I also go by Tom
2) IHHS doesn't place cameras. They aren't even a government organization.
3) Read items 9 and 10 on the link. They refute many of the claims being made here. As a former EMT, having pulled seriously injured bodies out of T-boned cars from red light runners, if there is something that reduces broad-sides I can support that.
4) I'll take your response to my questions as a no.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

healthinsp wrote:
JP171 wrote:
healthinsp wrote:
JP171 wrote:
healthinsp wrote:
Dangerzone wrote:

1) It's healthinsp. A short form of what I do for a living. ;-) I also go by Tom
2) IHHS doesn't place cameras. They aren't even a government organization.
3) Read items 9 and 10 on the link. They refute many of the claims being made here. As a former EMT, having pulled seriously injured bodies out of T-boned cars from red light runners, if there is something that reduces broad-sides I can support that.
4) I'll take your response to my questions as a no.

ok so lets see, the ihhs the group that is paid and bought by the automobile industry is very good, hmm NOT, bought and paid for. as a Current Paramedic I know what its like to wash the stuff off of the road, hmm yep since 1991 even though the state website doesn't show it but my original certificate does. Red light camera's are for one thing and one thing only, revenue stream period, MONEY! and nothing you can cite, say, scream or crying blubber will change that FACT as opposed to your opinion or belief. and no I am not going to bother chasing a study by the CDC that states emphatically that they do NOT work as the number of accidents don't go down but merely change character and are just as damaging, feel free to go look it up but I just don't care Tom, I just don't. so you can find studies that say what ever you want them to say, so facts is facts no matter the junk science used to try and refute them

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

A Walking Dead thread! :anamatedbanana
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I got a red light ticket in my truck from June 2008 at Hulen and I-20 that I have never paid. In that time, I have renewed my DL, CHL, Vehicle registration 8 times, received the title to my 2008 truck in 2012, new license plates in 2015, and switched car insurance companies 3x since then. I have been pulled over multiple times by LE and not one mention of it by law enforcement.

None of these vehicle related activities were hindered by the fact that I had an unpaid red light ticket. All that happened was I got a second notice, and then I got a letter from some Texas law firm that looked all official and made vague threats. I have also checked my credit report carefully since 2009 when i had some ID theft, nothing has ever shown up on there, or anywhere else either.

Nothing. Whole lots of nothing will happen.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

KLB

Post by KLB »

Even if it were a traffic ticket, those are generally Class C misdemeanors. It's Classes A and B that are disqualifying.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”