Unpaid traffic camera ticket

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jaypeek77
Posts in topic: 2

Unpaid traffic camera ticket

Post by jaypeek77 »

Quick question for the experts out there. I have an unpaid traffic camera ticket that was intentionally left unpaid because of personal beliefs, would that disqualify me from obtaining a CHL? Ive asked a Texas local expert/ instructor and he doesn't think it would. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Pawpaw

Re: Unpaid traffic camera ticket

Post by Pawpaw »

I don't see unpaid traffic tickets listed below:
GC §411.172. ELIGIBILITY. (a) A person is eligible for a license to carry a concealed handgun if the person:
(1) is a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding the date of application under this subchapter or is otherwise eligible for a license under Section 411.173(a);
(2) is at least 21 years of age;
(3) has not been convicted of a felony;
(4) is not charged with the commission of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense, or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or equivalent offense, or of a felony under an information or indictment;
(5) is not a fugitive from justice for a felony or a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense;
(6) is not a chemically dependent person;
(7) is not incapable of exercising sound judgment with respect to the proper use and storage of a handgun;
(8) has not, in the five years preceding the date of application, been convicted of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or equivalent offense;
(9) is fully qualified under applicable federal and state law to purchase a handgun;
(10) has not been finally determined to be delinquent in making a child support payment administered or collected by the attorney general;
(11) has not been finally determined to be delinquent in the payment of a tax or other money collected by the comptroller, the tax collector of a political subdivision of the state, or any agency or subdivision of the state;
(12) is not currently restricted under a court protective order or subject to a restraining order affecting the spousal relationship, other than a restraining order solely affecting property interests;
(13) has not, in the 10 years preceding the date of application, been adjudicated as having engaged in delinquent conduct violating a penal law of the grade of felony; and
(14) has not made any material misrepresentation, or failed to disclose any material fact, in an application submitted pursuant to Section 411.174.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tbrown »

Is it even a crime or just an administrative penalty assessed by the municipality?
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Traffic camera offenses were civil only. Their only option was to request that the county refuse to accept your yearly vehicle registration until paid.

Harris County and others refused to cooperate.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
jaypeek77

Post by jaypeek77 »

Thank you kind gents for the quick response!
:txflag:

bulinm

Post by bulinm »

It's just a traffic ticket. 'Course if it was me, they'd probably issue a warrant for my arrest for not taking care
of it. But I'm sure that you have nothing to worry about.
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

Wes
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Wes »

It's not a traffic ticket, its a fine. Nothing that can prevent you from getting a chl.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

bulinm

Post by bulinm »

I stand corrected. I generally investigate more, and not just assume, before posting.
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

handog

Post by handog »

Thank you for not paying the fine. If enough of us refuse to pay the unconstitutional revenue generating devices will come down. It has happened in Los Angeles. We should not be under constant surveillance, especially herein Texas. Now go get your CHL. :thumbs2:

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I would assume an unpaid civil fine could still affect a credit score.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I believe it's a civil offense, doesn't affect insurance, and non-payment goes on your credit report. Other than that it's just another government crony capitalist scheme designed to enrich certain technology companies (political donor/allies).

bdickens
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bdickens »

I've supposedly got three of those that are over five years old. Never received any of them.

I've ignored their repeated idle threats for so long they've stopped even coming. Never had any hitch in getting my CHL, Driver's license renewal or car registrations.
Byron Dickens

Wes
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Wes »

IME, they mean nothing. Don't affect me getting anything and do not show up on my credit. I've had several in the past years and I keep an eye on everything of mine.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Lucky

Post by Lucky »

Not a crime. They're like a late fee at the library, except library late fees are usually used for something worthwhile.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”