what would you do?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: what would you do?

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

priusron wrote:Your reason to move is gang activity on the property and at your neighbors house. Tell management you want out of your lease. If they refuse move anyway and file suit in small claims court for your fees and moving expenses. File your suit before they file theirs for breaking the lease
Good words. You can use the police report/911 call as evidence if needed. Worse worse eat it. Life sucks but it beats being kilt over a car crash no?

Topic author
liberty2014

Post by liberty2014 »

Im filed a report with local pd about the threats and let them know that we stayed at my moms place because we were too scared to sleep there last night. No need to pack because most of our stuff is still in boxes from moving this past weekend. I checked out the area before we moved in and i thought it was ok since my best friend of the last 7 years lives two streets over. We spoke with the landlord and he said he isnt sure if we can break the lease. Im giving him the police report i made today in hopes that will give him reason to allow us to break our lease. The leo that i made the report with asked me his name and i didnt know it but when i said the street name he knew exactly who he is. I asked the leo if he was a serious criminal and he said he hasnt done anything serious. We are looking for a new place now. I have my gsd in my grandparents room and my pit bull in my room and we have soda cans tied to our door and back gate to help the dogs alert us. I did have to sit in my bathroom full of steam and lavender lotion to help calm me down. I havent ate since about an hour before this happenedm usually i can eat a #13 from whataburger with 3 extra strips, fries, and an order of onion rings, today i ordered that and was only able to eat about 3 or 4 onion rings before i got full and i cant even force down a big red, im guessing thats due to nerves. I have been in an auto accident before and been fine but this time it feel different, i guess because of what happened after. Every leo i talked to said to call 9911 if anything happens and if i have to, defend myself. Im worried about them coming to my house but i am more worried about what i will have to do to defend the lives of my grandparents, my dogs, and myself if poo poo hits the fan. Should i be this worried? Am i over reacting? Again, any and all input is welcomed and appreciated

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

liberty2014 wrote:Im filed a report with local pd about the threats and let them know that we stayed at my moms place because we were too scared to sleep there last night. No need to pack because most of our stuff is still in boxes from moving this past weekend. I checked out the area before we moved in and i thought it was ok since my best friend of the last 7 years lives two streets over. We spoke with the landlord and he said he isnt sure if we can break the lease. Im giving him the police report i made today in hopes that will give him reason to allow us to break our lease. The leo that i made the report with asked me his name and i didnt know it but when i said the street name he knew exactly who he is. I asked the leo if he was a serious criminal and he said he hasnt done anything serious. We are looking for a new place now. I have my gsd in my grandparents room and my pit bull in my room and we have soda cans tied to our door and back gate to help the dogs alert us. I did have to sit in my bathroom full of steam and lavender lotion to help calm me down. I havent ate since about an hour before this happenedm usually i can eat a #13 from whataburger with 3 extra strips, fries, and an order of onion rings, today i ordered that and was only able to eat about 3 or 4 onion rings before i got full and i cant even force down a big red, im guessing thats due to nerves. I have been in an auto accident before and been fine but this time it feel different, i guess because of what happened after. Every leo i talked to said to call 9911 if anything happens and if i have to, defend myself. Im worried about them coming to my house but i am more worried about what i will have to do to defend the lives of my grandparents, my dogs, and myself if poo poo hits the fan. Should i be this worried? Am i over reacting? Again, any and all input is welcomed and appreciated

Frankly you're farting around. Quit worrying, put your stuff and your grandparents (and rex the wonder dog of course!) in the moving van and bail. If the lessor wants to fight the lease, you can see them in small claims (you won't). Its not like you'll get your deposit back anyway.
You're wasting time and put everyone in a bad situation. Time to boogie.

Topic author
liberty2014

Post by liberty2014 »

Howdy! sorry I've been mia for a while guys i forgot my password and used an old email address for this account. an update to this story: we ended up moving about a month after all this bull happened. there was an interaction when i made the choice to walk my dogs early one morning , the main guy saw me and started walking towards me so at that time i gave the "watch" command to both of my dogs and he quickly turned around and went back inside

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

liberty2014 wrote:Howdy! sorry I've been mia for a while guys i forgot my password and used an old email address for this account. an update to this story: we ended up moving about a month after all this bull happened. there was an interaction when i made the choice to walk my dogs early one morning , the main guy saw me and started walking towards me so at that time i gave the "watch" command to both of my dogs and he quickly turned around and went back inside
Is this before or after you moved?

Topic author
liberty2014

Post by liberty2014 »

That was before we moved.

nyj
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nyj »

Glad you got out of there. He was probably some wanna-be thug, too big of a coward to make promise on any of his threats, but I wouldn't have risked staying there. No point in living somewhere you don't feel comfortable.

So, how did the accident happen'? I'm assuming you hit this guys car?

HenryAKirk

Post by HenryAKirk »

fickman wrote:Then I'd call and report them to the HOA for landscape violations. :mrgreen:

"rlol"
but seriously if you can just move, but thats difficult and expensive. I couldn't afford to if I ad to break a lease and pay to move again. I would definitely call the fuzz though, that's what we pay them way to little for.
:patriot: Everyone has been given a gift in life...And warriors have been given the gift of aggression.These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs Lt. Col. Dave Grossman :txflag:

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

Even if it cost you $1,000 to get out of the lease, that is nothing compared to the $250,000 you could be paying an attorney to keep you out of prison (eg. George Zimmerman). Glad the OP moved and it all worked out.

texas-sig

Post by texas-sig »

I threat on your life is a terroristic threat and is an arrestable offense.

Topic author
liberty2014

Post by liberty2014 »

I was making a u-turn then hit hit a car that hit that guys parked car and thats when he come out yelling like an idiot banging on my window saying he was going to kill me with his buddies. i spoke with the local PD at a fast food place to write my report and have a paper trail in case he did follow through on his threats and my dogs or myself defended my life or the life of my grandparents. cops did say i could file charges for terrorist threats but i declined. After the shock left that night i was thinking about it and realized that if the guy would've ate his wheaties and broke my window i would be the new Zimmerman even though im dark skinned and people always assume im native american. I'm out of $1,500 for the deposit and i have a broken lease but it couldve been a lot worse.

jmra

Post by jmra »

liberty2014 wrote:I was making a u-turn then hit hit a car that hit that guys parked car and thats when he come out yelling like an idiot banging on my window saying he was going to kill me with his buddies. i spoke with the local PD at a fast food place to write my report and have a paper trail in case he did follow through on his threats and my dogs or myself defended my life or the life of my grandparents. cops did say i could file charges for terrorist threats but i declined. After the shock left that night i was thinking about it and realized that if the guy would've ate his wheaties and broke my window i would be the new Zimmerman even though im dark skinned and people always assume im native american. I'm out of $1,500 for the deposit and i have a broken lease but it couldve been a lot worse.
Read this 3 times and I'm still lost...
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Texheim

Post by Texheim »

steveincowtown wrote:
liberty2014 wrote:I got in a wreck yesterday and some thug with gold teeth and his "home boys" surrounded my car saying theyre going to kill me and one of them starts pounding on my window and jumping on the hood of my car making threats to kill me. I told 911 i had a chl and was ready to defend myself. If they broke my window i would have had to defend myself. The whole time i never pulled out my gun so they dont know i have any guns. What did i do wrong if anything? Oh, heres the kicker this happened about 5 doors down from a a duplex i just moved into on friday and when i went home my neighboors that are friends with the guy told me "you better hope they dont come down here tonight". Later hat night the people that made threats againist my life kept yelling what they planned on doing to me and kept walking in front of my duplex

You got in a wreck with someone who knew your neighbors, and knew you lived next door? Holy heck you are unlucky.

All that being said distance and speed are your friend. Was the wreck your fault? If not, I would have just driven off.

I would point out her that assuming all facts are exactly are as stated, the pure disparity of force would have made be consider all options at my disposal.
You did the best thing you could have. Leave now...
"Y'all may go to hell and I shall go to Texas"

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Door wedges work a little to give you more time. Lowes sells one that has an alarm sound. Anything to buy you a few extra seconds and wake you up. Make sure the windows are blocked somehow. Don't leave the door unlocked at any time.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”