Refer to folks with CHL as Peacekeepers

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

old farmer
Posts in topic: 1

Re:

Post by old farmer »

propellerhead wrote:A CHL doesn't make me a cop.
:iagree:
God Bliss America.

Sangiovese

Re: Refer to folks with CHL as Peacekeepers

Post by Sangiovese »

Although it doesn't have much sound bite zip, I generally use the term, "legally armed citizen" when referring to CHL holders.
NRA Endowment Member. Texas LTC Instructor. NRA certified Pistol & Home Firearm Safety Instructor - Range Safety Officer

Any comments about legal matters are general in nature and are not legal advice. Nothing posted on this forum is intended to establish an attorney-client relationship.

casingpoint

Post by casingpoint »

If you truly think your CHL makes you a peacekeeper, I strongly advise you to seek legal counsel immediately. You are grossly misinformed or somehow have reached a very erroneous conclusion as to what it is and what it ain't.

boomerang

Re: Re:

Post by boomerang »

propellerhead wrote:A CHL doesn't make me a cop.
:thumbsup: A DL doesn't make me a bus driver.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

XDpackinBob

Post by XDpackinBob »

We already have the right to arrest, and detain, and to use any force as warranted doing that, with out a badge or CHL. We are the people. BUT we also have the same risk of prosecution as does any LEO if we make a mistake in exercising that right on a person. I am not a lawman yet am part of the law for I am a legal resident / citizen of the state / country, Born here. We are the people, We are the laws that we make, We elect people to make the law for us and We hire people to enforce that law for us. We are the people. By the people, For the people.

WE TO SOON FORGET THIS.

But my CHL is for my families and my safety first, If I see a situation that needs my intervention, I would have to call 911 first, then I have to ask, do I risk it getting involved? if yes, then ask the person/s involved to stop (knowing full well this may bring an unwanted response), being ready for the person/s involved to react in a violent aggressive manner at me for asking. At that point when the violence shifts to me, I now have the right to protect myself as I enforced the law as a citizen. Being attacked in doing so, I would have no choice but to use force to stop force in its tracks or as best as I could, same as a LEO but that force has to match the act used upon myself or I face prosecution.

Every bullet has an attorney attached as well as ones freedom and the cost of such. How much of either do you have to through away helping a person other than your family?

:patriot: :txflag:
XD-40 Sub-Compact, Blackhawk! CQC Serpa level 2 and 3, Tuck This.
NRA.
TSRA.

Class. 5-14-08
Mailed. 5-15
Received. 5-19-08
96 days, Completed and active. 8-23-08
Plastic in hand. 8-27-08
First renewal complete
Second renewal pending

Bob

Ross Lipman
Banned

Post by Ross Lipman »

I agree with everyone's comments about their role as CHL holders. However, I can see how some "peace" may be kept by virtue of the bad guys knowing that there may be concealed weapons and that they avoid certain places for this reason. But, I don't feel like this function rests on the individual.

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

The term "Peacekeeper" implies that I have a duty/obligation to involve myself in other peoples business.

I don't.

That doesn't mean that I won't.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

hankintexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by hankintexas »

Ross Lipman wrote:I agree with everyone's comments about their role as CHL holders. However, I can see how some "peace" may be kept by virtue of the bad guys knowing that there may be concealed weapons and that they avoid certain places for this reason. But, I don't feel like this function rests on the individual.
Bad guys don't stop to think about who might be armed.......they are bad guys, not edjabacated folk like us.
Hank Henry
NRA Instructor / NRA LIFE MEMBER / NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”