has anyone renewed yet, 9/1/13

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: has anyone renewed yet, 9/1/13

Post by SewTexas »

I'm so glad mine doesn't expire until the first of Jan, I can wait a month or so and let the programming work itself out.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

I logged in to the renewal site just after midnight on Sept 2,(early Labor Day morning) and I think I have completed my renewal. I just checked my credit card online and the charge for renewal is there.

I was a bit put off when I got the checklist page after the payment page and it still had language about submitting my training class certificate. I have emailed about that but have not received any reply.

rocinante
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rocinante »

Have there been any changes to the online registration since 9/1? I recall some comments that the new rules required a statement that you had read the carry rules. Was there anything to that effect added? I'm wondering if I should send my pre-9/1 checklist in as is, without the CHL-100.

smittyM&P9c

Post by smittyM&P9c »

Does anyone know how we would go about submitting electronic prints? The ones I have on file from my original application are paper.

I'm not sure for electronic prints will be required for renewal or not...

6 Point Star
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 6 Point Star »

smittyM&P9c wrote:Does anyone know how we would go about submitting electronic prints? The ones I have on file from my original application are paper.

They can only be taken by Morpho Trust, USA but would have to be a scheduled appointment through your application. They send it direct to DPS.

Jerry

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

smittyM&P9c wrote:Does anyone know how we would go about submitting electronic prints? The ones I have on file from my original application are paper.

None of my renewal students have been required to submit new fingerprints, despite their originals being done in ink. The way I understand it, your original ink fingerprints were scanned during your original application process, so they would still be usable for your renewal.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

ClarkLZeuss

Post by ClarkLZeuss »

Just did my renewal. Like many others have noted, I too was informed I need to include a "CHL-100 Certificate of Training" - despite the fact that no one in the Austin area is offering renewal courses. Maybe something to do with, I don't know, a change in the law?? I guess the private sector is more up to speed than the public sector - but then again, what else is new?! :lol:

My CHL expires in about 2 weeks, and I'm going on a trip right after that, so I really hope they get their act together. But I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, and as others have asked, my fingerprints were on paper (got my CHL in '08), so I'm wondering how that will affect my renewal. Anyone know for sure?
"Love always protects." (1 Corinthians 13:7)

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

I dont renew till 2017 but why do we need the CHL-100 again? I didnt make a copy :banghead:
Where can I get a copy of my CHL-100??? :confused5 :headscratch
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

Never mind. I think I answered my own question from another post! Thanks. :cool:
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

kgdotcom

Post by kgdotcom »

Mine expires in October and I renewed in mid August...I called after the new changes and sat on hold for 39 min...they FINALLY picked up and I asked what I needed to do...they looked up my number and said NOTHING your good to go you don't need to send in anything or do anything else :tiphat:

PS: my original Finger Prints where on paper also.
Colt Defender Crossbreed Supertuck/ 5.11 Tactical Undershirt
XDm .40

NRA Member

Locksmith

Post by Locksmith »

Locksmith wrote:I processed my renewal today as well and also got the:

"YOUR REQUEST IS NOT COMPLETE until all required materials and documents on your checklist are received by TxDPS."

I really want to believe that I can ignore this.. but in all my dealings with the TX DPS for my business and CHL.. I know that in the past they have been real sticklers about holding up applications for something as stupid as a page with a check mark identifying how you paid them.. not being received!

Having said that.. Can "anybody" confirm that after 48 hours their application showed complete online without mailing them the checklist page?

Thanks in advance!
Screenshot of the checklist
Screenshot of the checklist
License Renewal Status Screenshot
License Renewal Status Screenshot
Well as it turns out my worries were confirmed. As you can see by the screenshot they will not process the renewal until they receive the stupid checklist in the mail :mad5 But I expected this .. So beware!

I know somebody said don't worry about sending the checklist in.. but if you don't your renewal wont be processed!

Scott
Last edited by Locksmith on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Locksmith

Post by Locksmith »

Disregard this post was in error

Scott
Last edited by Locksmith on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

maxpower
Posts in topic: 5

Post by maxpower »

Locksmith wrote:
Locksmith wrote:I processed my renewal today as well and also got the:

"YOUR REQUEST IS NOT COMPLETE until all required materials and documents on your checklist are received by TxDPS."

I really want to believe that I can ignore this.. but in all my dealings with the TX DPS for my business and CHL.. I know that in the past they have been real sticklers about holding up applications for something as stupid as a page with a check mark identifying how you paid them.. not being received!

Having said that.. Can "anybody" confirm that after 48 hours their application showed complete online without mailing them the checklist page?

Thanks in advance!

Well as it turns out my worries were confirmed. As you can see by the screenshot they will not process the renewal until they receive the stupid checklist in the mail :mad5 But I expected this .. So beware!

I know somebody said don't worry about sending the checklist in.. but if you don't your renewal wont be processed!

Scott
I renewed online 9/1 and sent in the barcode 9/4 after reading it may or may not be required. my status page has not changed since 9/1.

rocinante

Post by rocinante »

Locksmith wrote:
Locksmith wrote: Well as it turns out my worries were confirmed. As you can see by the screenshot they will not process the renewal until they receive the stupid checklist in the mail :mad5 But I expected this .. So beware!

Scott
I can confirm the opposite. Mine showed the same as yours prior to Friday. It transitioned to "materials received" on Friday morning. (I did send the checklist--on Friday. I'm pretty sure they don't have it yet.) I completed the online app a couple of months back, so they may be processing the backlog in order of application date.

levidale
Posts in topic: 5

Post by levidale »

rocinante wrote:
Locksmith wrote:
Locksmith wrote: Well as it turns out my worries were confirmed. As you can see by the screenshot they will not process the renewal until they receive the stupid checklist in the mail :mad5 But I expected this .. So beware!

Scott
I can confirm the opposite. Mine showed the same as yours prior to Friday. It transitioned to "materials received" on Friday morning. (I did send the checklist--on Friday. I'm pretty sure they don't have it yet.) I completed the online app a couple of months back, so they may be processing the backlog in order of application date.

Did you send in your bar code email?
Thanks
Kevin
Glock 27
Ruger P95

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”