Post by Neverpanic1 »

Thanx for the info, all !!!
Texas LTC Instructor/ NRA Certified Instructor

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Buffalo Wild Wings on Lemmon in Dallas

Post by Dave2 »

WildBill wrote:
kg5ie wrote:BWW is known not to be gun friendly all over the US. In VA they asked a group of detectives, wearing their guns and badges, to leave due to their "no guns" policy. The officers complied. They have the right to ask, just as we have the right to eat elsewhere.
What a bunch of fools must own BWW. I will not be going there again. And MadMonkey is right - their "food quality" sucks.
I think their food tastes great, but there's something they put in there or something... Every single time I've eaten at BWW, I've had, um, tummy trouble. Even their salads do it to me.

Of course, at some point I learned my lesson and stopped going there, and it was years ago. Their food might not even taste good anymore.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

I can certainly get wings elsewhere, so I won't miss them. IMO "no guns allowed" signs only translate to "please rob us". No thanks.
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

F350-6
Posts in topic: 2

Post by F350-6 »

I've seen those signs. I always thought they said, we don't want your money.

Except for the occasional trip past one at Toys R Us. I make exceptions for the grandkids.

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Ate at the one in near us for the first time ever. Service was lousy and the food took forever and was certainly not worth the wait. It had sat for a while. We decided to never go back. I mentioned to my coworkers and they said they thought they warned me about it. :roll:
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

CHLLady wrote:Ate at the one in near us for the first time ever. Service was lousy and the food took forever and was certainly not worth the wait. It had sat for a while. We decided to never go back. I mentioned to my coworkers and they said they thought they warned me about it. :roll:
Any chance it was the one on 377 in front of home depot, I ate there about 7 yrs ago took over an hour for food, went back last month over 30 minutes before I complained to manager, left a zero tip. So done with that place.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

suthdj wrote:
CHLLady wrote:Ate at the one in near us for the first time ever. Service was lousy and the food took forever and was certainly not worth the wait. It had sat for a while. We decided to never go back. I mentioned to my coworkers and they said they thought they warned me about it. :roll:
Any chance it was the one on 377 in front of home depot, I ate there about 7 yrs ago took over an hour for food, went back last month over 30 minutes before I complained to manager, left a zero tip. So done with that place.
No, unfortunately not. --I had just said to hubby that I was ready to just pay for the drinks and leave when the food came. Horrible all around. And this after I told them this was our first time there, which didn't even phase them cuz they certainly didn't seem to want to impress us.

SO, to make up for it, I tried frying my own chicken wings and bought Sweet Baby Rays hot wing sauce and the family loved it. That stuff is addicting! :thumbs2:
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

Texas1999 wrote:I laughed at this "sign" (which was barely visibly on the bottom of the door) and walked right in with
my G22 strapped to my hip (no 30.06 sign, no 51% sign).

Hey...I had to watch the Cowboys win!

[ Image ]
A sign with that wording is legally binding in Minnesota, where Buffalo Wild Wings is headquartered. They just have lazy lawyers who haven't bothered to find out what the legal requirements are in other states.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

When I buy whole chickens to cut up to slow smoke, I pitch the wings and necks.

But, I understand, different foods appeal to different tastes.

Perhaps, some day they'll open a "gizzards r us" restaurant and folks will claim how great gizzards are and not complain that gizzards are like eating tasteless chicken gristle as I do.

Hey, some people eat bait, I mean raw fish...all the while claiming how great it is, but deep down actually find it disgusting, but appear ever so urbane and sophisticated while chomping on it.

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

Abraham wrote:
Perhaps, some day they'll open a "gizzards r us" restaurant and folks will claim how great gizzards are and not complain that gizzards are like eating tasteless chicken gristle as I do.
sounds like a good idea.... I used to deliver mail part time for the town of Detroit, across the road from the P.O. was a country store that sold fried gizzards..... made a before run and after run stop there every time i worked... best part of the chicken :lol:
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

RetNavy,

I'm guessing you've a sound set of grinders as chewing that part of the chicken requires great teeth, time to grind up those ah, chicken grinders, and a strong stomach for something only fit for Andrew Zimern...

I'd rather eat a grilled Labrador than gizzards...or wings, for that matter.

F350-6

Post by F350-6 »

CHLLady wrote:SO, to make up for it, I tried frying my own chicken wings and bought Sweet Baby Rays hot wing sauce and the family loved it. That stuff is addicting! :thumbs2:
A little hijack here, but if you don't mind, how salty is that stuff? I use Franks red hot sauce on several different foods, but it's a little salty for what I really like.

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

Abraham wrote:I'd rather eat a grilled Labrador than gizzards...or wings, for that matter.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I like a few of their wing flavored. No, their not the greatest, but to me they are better than Hooters' wings.

I can't believe no one has replied the following yet

This is not the signs you're looking for.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”