Gas stations on Texas3006.com

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
marcnm
Posts in topic: 2

Gas stations on Texas3006.com

Post by marcnm »

Hi, new poster here. Wasn't sure where else to ask this. I was trying to add a local (Houston) gas station to the Texas3006.com website, but under sign type there isn't an option for the TABC "unlicensed possession" signs (see link below). Is it just understood that CHL carriers should be able to carry in gas stations?

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/publication ... eapons.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmra
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Gas stations on Texas3006.com

Post by jmra »

Welcome to the forum. That sign does not restrict a CHL holder from entering the station. If you have a CHL you are licensed. This sign is about unlicensed carry. Why would you want to put it on texas3006.com?
Last edited by jmra on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

PhillRoath
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PhillRoath »

marcnm wrote:Hi, new poster here. Wasn't sure where else to ask this. I was trying to add a local (Houston) gas station to the Texas3006.com website, but under sign type there isn't an option for the TABC "unlicensed possession" signs (see link below). Is it just understood that CHL carriers should be able to carry in gas stations?

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/publication ... eapons.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This sign does not apply to anyone with a CHL. Carry on. :evil2:

ETA: jmra beat me to it. :lol:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

jmra wrote:Welcome to the forum. That sign does not restrict a CHL holder from entering the station. If you have a CHL you are licensed. This sign is about unlicensed carry. Why would you want to put it on texas3006.com?
Welcome to the forum. The sign that you posted is not a 30.06 sign. You will see this same sign at just about every grocery store, convenience store, restaurant and gas station. If they sell alcoholic beverages and are not a bar, they will have this sign.
NRA Endowment Member

GrillKing
Posts in topic: 8

Post by GrillKing »

jmra wrote:Welcome to the forum. That sign does not restrict a CHL holder from entering the station. If you have a CHL you are licensed. This sign is about unlicensed carry. Why would you want to put it on texas3006.com?
Because if there is no listing, you don't know if there is a valid 30.06 sign or not. Listing an 'unlicensed possession....' sign confirms carry is OK.

jmra

Post by jmra »

GrillKing wrote:
Because if there is no listing, you don't know if there is a valid 30.06 sign or not. Listing an 'unlicensed possession....' sign confirms carry is OK.
I would find it counter productive to list places where it's ok to carry as that list would be almost impossible to complete. The very name of the website suggest listing places that are off limits due to 30.06 sign posting.
ETA: listing a place on such a site as being ok to carry because of the absence of a 30.06 sign is a really bad idea as a 30.06 sign could go up the next day. By limiting listings to incorrectly posted locations and locations with legitimate 30.06 signs you are assured readers are getting up to date accurate information. I see no reason why the sign the OP mentioned (or the gas station) would need to be listed.
Last edited by jmra on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jmra

Post by jmra »

WildBill wrote:
Welcome to the forum. The sign that you posted is not a 30.06 sign. You will see this same sign at just about every grocery store, convenience store, restaurant and gas station. If they sell alcoholic beverages and are not a bar, they will have this sign.
Thanks for the welcome Bill. First one I've gotten in almost 5 years. :mrgreen:
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

GrillKing wrote:
Not necessarily. A business could post both.
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

jmra wrote:
WildBill wrote:
Thanks for the welcome Bill. First one I've gotten in almost 5 years. :mrgreen:
No problem! I guess I should have cut instead of pasted. :oops:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
marcnm

Post by marcnm »

Thanks guys! I just started carrying recently and never paid attention to such signs before. Plus it was white with transparent background a bit hard read unless you stopped and stared at it. Just wanted to make sure "unlicensed possession" did mean LEO only.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

You are good to carry there.

It has to a legal 30.06 sign. Remember the 30.06 sign must be in English and Spanish.

Welcome to the Forum.

GrillKing

Post by GrillKing »

WildBill wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
Not necessarily. A business could post both.
True, but I assumed if both were posted when observed by the submitter both would be listed by the submitter. If only the unlicensed possession sign was listed, it is unlikely the 30.06 is posted, at least at the time of submission.

GrillKing

Post by GrillKing »

jmra wrote: I would find it counter productive to list places where it's ok to carry as that list would be almost impossible to complete. The very name of the website suggest listing places that are off limits due to 30.06 sign posting.
ETA: listing a place on such a site as being ok to carry because of the absence of a 30.06 sign is a really bad idea as a 30.06 sign could go up the next day. By limiting listings to incorrectly posted locations and locations with legitimate 30.06 signs you are assured readers are getting up to date accurate information. I see no reason why the sign the OP mentioned (or the gas station) would need to be listed.
I disagree. How many times on this forum has someone asked about a location and..... No information is available? Knowing that a location is not posted is helpful. Yes, it could change, but that applies to all signs: correct, incorrect, added, removed, replaced at a future date. At least at some point in time the information was correctly submitted for all to use and for the relatively rare occasions that new signs are added (or removed or changed), (rare at least in my experience), the person that discovers that change can update the site. The listing would likely be correct most of the time.

More information is good, IMHO.

jmra

Post by jmra »

GrillKing wrote:
jmra wrote: I would find it counter productive to list places where it's ok to carry as that list would be almost impossible to complete. The very name of the website suggest listing places that are off limits due to 30.06 sign posting.
I disagree. How many times on this forum has someone asked about a location and..... No information is available? Knowing that a location is not posted is helpful. Yes, it could change, but that applies to all signs: correct, incorrect, added, removed, replaced at a future date. At least at some point in time the information was correctly submitted for all to use and for the relatively rare occasions that new signs are added (or removed or changed), (rare at least in my experience), the person that discovers that change can update the site. The listing would likely be correct most of the time.

More information is good, IMHO.
You can disagree but your thought process is in direct conflict with logic. By listing every place that is not posted the site becomes much more cumbersome and thus much less user friendly and thus much less utilized than it would be by simply listing places that are posted.
It would be about as logical as listing non-sex offenders on a website designed to help people identify sex offenders.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

The 'Unlicensed Possession' sign does not mean it is ok to carry there...that sign is completely irrelevant to us licensed carriers. All that sign does is make what is already a misdemeanor into a felony...that's all.

You can have this sign next to that one...Image

Or you can have this one next to it...Image

The fact that either of the above signs can be posted legally right next to the 'Unlicensed Possession' sign logically indicates that it is irrelevant to us.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”