CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Texas CHL Laws

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
TomsTXCHL wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote: This book helps for those of us that need it "dumbed down" a bit. It is easier to read than a list of statutes .
[ Image ]
Do you, or anyone else here know if the latest 8th Edition published in Nov 2013 includes the most recent changes iirc from Sept 1? Reminds me that I haven't looked to see if they've updated CHL-16 yet. As I look now they still haven't--the only one I can find still says October 2012.

Hmm why can't I get the book pic to display as you have LR.
Good point. I didn't think about the changes of 2013. It may be time for me to start looking for an updated version.

I have noticed pictures aren't showing up in the quotes lately. It may have been done in the site coding to help reduce bandwidth usage.
Can anyone answer this question. I have tried to google it and am having little luck? Is this still a book that the forum CHL instructors would recommend? I originally purchased my copy from a forum instructor but I know opinions change. Anyone?

The book as called the Texas gun owners guide.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sjfcontrol »

Keith B wrote:
TexasGal wrote:Are you saying they need to publish a picture book version? :evil2:
[ Image ]
I would recommend either a graphic-novel version, or perhaps a coloring-book version.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasGal »

sjfcontrol wrote:
Keith B wrote:
TexasGal wrote:Are you saying they need to publish a picture book version? :evil2:
[ Image ]
I would recommend either a graphic-novel version, or perhaps a coloring-book version.
Seriously, the coloring book version could help a lot with what is or is not "printing" :cheers2:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

TexasGal wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
Keith B wrote:
[ Image ]
Seriously, the coloring book version could help a lot with what is or is not "printing" :cheers2:
I can't tell you what printing is, but I know it when I see it. :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I have noticed pictures aren't showing up in the quotes lately. It may have been done in the site coding to help reduce bandwidth usage.
IIRC, this was intentional due to the number of folks viewing the forum from mobile devices now. Something about scrolling way too much to get through the same picture in multiple quotes.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jmra

Post by jmra »

C-dub wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:I have noticed pictures aren't showing up in the quotes lately. It may have been done in the site coding to help reduce bandwidth usage.
IIRC, this was intentional due to the number of folks viewing the forum from mobile devices now. Something about scrolling way too much to get through the same picture in multiple quotes.
YDRC (You Do Recall Correctly). :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

03Lightningrocks

jmra wrote:
C-dub wrote:
YDRC (You Do Recall Correctly). :mrgreen:
ABRAHAM caused this!!! :shock:

Come And Take It
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Come And Take It »

I read them, cover to cover. Not exactly an easy read, but definitely worth it. I have to admit I learned a thing or twenty by sitting down and spending some time in the statutes.

RKirkwood

Post by RKirkwood »

Welcome to the forum. Did you (the poster) disappear?

Yes I read them and continue to review them for changes or things I might have forgotten. There are a lot of good people on here that can help with question you may have!!

Tic Tac

Post by Tic Tac »

Yes.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Mrs. Anygunanywhere reads them to me as I lie on the couch with my head in her lap as she also feeds me grapes.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks

anygunanywhere wrote:Mrs. Anygunanywhere reads them to me as I lie on the couch with my head in her lap as she also feeds me grapes.

Anygunanywhere
:shock: Does she have any single sisters? :biggrinjester:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Mrs. Anygunanywhere reads them to me as I lie on the couch with my head in her lap as she also feeds me grapes.

Anygunanywhere
Yes, but I got the pick of the litter.

I love your new avatar.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks

anygunanywhere wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

Anygunanywhere
Yes, but I got the pick of the litter.

I love your new avatar.

Anygunanywhere
Well darn. Just my luck. ;-)

Thanks, I thought it needed freshened up a bit.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

I've read the CHL-16 a couple of times straight through. During my first read through, when I was in the process of obtaining my CHL, I glanced over the parts that didn't necessarily apply to me. But since then & since becoming active on this & a couple of other forums and facebook groups, I've studiously read the entire document as well as certain sections that attract more attention several times over.

So, to the original poster: Welcome. Hope you found what you were looking for. Happy scrolling/trolliing!
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”