Texas CHL Laws

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Art S
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas CHL Laws

Post by Art S »

First thing, Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of good people here, with a lot of good info.
Second thing, Yes, I have read the laws several times. It took two or three times just to understand some of it. Now with the help of all the knowledge on this forum I'm still learning some of the gray areas(legal definitions) of what is written in the CHL-16. Example: read some of the 30.06 threads.
It may be a slow and hard to understand read, but it is worth it. :mrgreen:
hope you like it here.
Did you learn something new today and did you smile? if not, why?

Have a Great One,
Art S.

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jaguar »

It was a post and run; joined at 3:42, last visited at 3:56 the same day.

Spent whole 14 minutes on the forum. :smash:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Jaguar wrote:It was a post and run; joined at 3:42, last visited at 3:56 the same day.

Yeah, we had one of those do a drive by on the chicken wing thread. A noob registered to inform us we could eat at the anti gun establishment Buffalo Wild Wings. I guess he or she was the manager or something. They disappeared right after the "plug".

These things do have a way of making one laugh.

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Jaguar wrote:It was a post and run; joined at 3:42, last visited at 3:56 the same day.

Yeah, we had one of those do a drive by on the chicken wing thread. A noob registered to inform us we could eat at the anti gun establishment Buffalo Wild Wings. I guess he or she was the manager or something. They disappeared right after the "plug".

These things do have a way of making one laugh.
Then again, maybe (s)he's just busy studying... :biggrinjester:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Yes, I've read it several times and still go back to review.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Topic author
texascomp

Post by texascomp »

lot's of posts in a short period of time. yes....i know you need to know the basics or the law i just kinda wanted to know if everyone read every word, every line...not skimming and getting the general idea of a section but actually reading every single word from the first to the last....i'm very OCD.

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jimlongley »

texascomp wrote:lot's of posts in a short period of time. yes....i know you need to know the basics or the law i just kinda wanted to know if everyone read every word, every line...not skimming and getting the general idea of a section but actually reading every single word from the first to the last....i'm very OCD.
Not really a lot of posts for the period of time, under four pages since the 01/03, but I'll bet it has a lot to do with your own lack of participation. Some people might perceive you as a troll for just posting once and letting several hours (much less days) go by without participating in your own thread, and then they don't bother to answer.

I think you have received ample evidence that many of us do indeed read the whole thing and then some.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
texascomp

Post by texascomp »

not a troll at all....i just don't spend everyday on the forum. well....since i am not a good reader....i sought out some help...i found a website called eyercize.com...it's a great little site. A tool on this site helped me mow through chapter 411 subchapter H in no time compared to what it would have taken had i not used this tool. i was able to copy and paste the text of the law into the tool....it sure helps when you may have a tendency to stay fixated on a line or word.

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

I perceived you as a troll, I apologize for expressing that thought. :tiphat:

Welcome to the forum, it takes all types to make this community as great as it is, and you are more than welcome to participate, ask questions, offer answers and enjoy the community. Yes, I have read the laws frontwards and backwards, but I still learn applications and how things actually work from reading here more often then I ever thought I would. This site is a great resource - feel free to use since your questions and answers will help others learn - just as I did about the website http://www.eyercize.com/

Again, welcome.

Topic author
texascomp

Post by texascomp »

thanks ;-)

I didn't even know stuff like eyercise.com existed...maybe a use it to help me with school.

yeah...i got a little worried about the affidavit thing....i am in the process of getting my CHL and signed the affidavit online and submitted it online to DPS...i read bits and pieces of the laws mentioned on the affidavit but not every single section...that worried me so i am gonna make sure i read everything that i need to read according to that affidavit before TX DPS receives the remaining items i need to send in. It's the right thing to do and like someone else said...cold be the difference between freedom and incarceration...never been incarcerated and don't plan to.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I'm eager to see how deep we will go into it at the police academy.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

nightmare69 wrote:I'm eager to see how deep we will go into it at the police academy.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

I apologize for my troll remark as well. Those of us that have been on here for a bit tend to look at things with a bit of a jaded eye at times. Hope you'll spend more time on here. That way you can see that your initial reception is the exception rather than the rule. On this forum, civility toward other members is a prime requirement.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

TexasCajun wrote:I apologize for my troll remark as well. Those of us that have been on here for a bit tend to look at things with a bit of a jaded eye at times. Hope you'll spend more time on here. That way you can see that your initial reception is the exception rather than the rule. On this forum, civility toward other members is a prime requirement.
Try "Prime Directive"! :thumbs2:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Read every word of Penal, CCP, and transportation Code.

Parts were painful but required.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”