Force states by Fed law to recognise all permits a BAD IDEA

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tommyg
Posts in topic: 1

Force states by Fed law to recognise all permits a BAD IDEA

Post by tommyg »

If a federal law is passed forcing states to recognize all state carry permits. Then the anti-gun
states like MASS and NJ will pass laws to trap innocent travelers into felonies.

There was an effort to pass a law in N.H.
that would make it a felony to carry within 1000ft of a school bus or school bus stop whether or not there were kids present.
IF it had passed you would be guilty of a felony if you drive pass a school bus stop late at night not even knowing there was a school bus stop or a school bus stop two blocks away on another street.

The bill failed thank the Lord.

I would not put it passed some states to pass laws that prohibit
carry in a vehicle on any road built or maintained with public funds
How about a side walk law no carry while being a pedestrian.

An anti-gun state can make all the gun free zones they want. It wont stop crime it will set traps for honest gun owners.

Please be careful what you wish for you might get it
:rules:
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

anygunanywhere

Re: Force states by Fed law to recognise all permits a BAD I

Post by anygunanywhere »

You shouldn't worry. I am sure the congressional republicans would ensure there is language in the bill that would protect you in such instances. After all, look how well FOPA has worked so far.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

anygunanywhere wrote:You shouldn't worry. I am sure the congressional republicans would ensure there is language in the bill that would protect you in such instances. After all, look how well FOPA has worked so far.

Anygunanywhere
My sarcasm detector is pegged Anygun :mrgreen:

Reality is....
http://www.bluejersey.com/diary/22350/g ... e-stand-up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a 1993 bid for Assemblyman, Chris Christie said, "The issue which has energized me to get into this race is the recent attempt by certain Republican legislators to repeal NJ's ban on assault weapons."
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

First, congress is so divided they couldn't pass gas by accident. Second, even if they did get national reciprocity passed; it would be no different than going into a state that honors whatever license(s) you hold in that you have to know & abide by the laws of the state you are in.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

tommyg wrote:An anti-gun state can make all the gun free zones they want. It wont stop crime it will set traps for honest gun owners.
If we ever get national reciprocity, my first trip will be to NYC. I'd call the adventure "Packing for Broadway". Count on it.
I'll read the laws, obey the laws, and honestly, I don't give a hoot what the anti-gun States try to do to their citizens. I'll have TX to come home to.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

TexasCajun wrote:First, congress is so divided they couldn't pass gas by accident. Second, even if they did get national reciprocity passed; it would be no different than going into a state that honors whatever license(s) you hold in that you have to know & abide by the laws of the state you are in.
You think?

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

jmra

Post by jmra »

Oldgringo wrote:
TexasCajun wrote:First, congress is so divided they couldn't pass gas by accident. Second, even if they did get national reciprocity passed; it would be no different than going into a state that honors whatever license(s) you hold in that you have to know & abide by the laws of the state you are in.
You think?
They did just pass a 1.1 trillion dollar budget. :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

tommyg wrote:If a federal law is passed forcing states to recognize all state carry permits. Then the anti-gun
states like MASS and NJ will pass laws to trap innocent travelers into felonies.

I'm sorry, I don't quite get it.
Explain it to me like I'm 5.
You're saying if they pass a law that requires state reciprocity, it'll somehow trigger reciprocity around firearm restrictions also?
Or you're saying that we'll think that our permit has state-wide allowances and we'll get trapped by the nuances of state restrictions?

Way around this: Actually recognize the validity of the 2nd Amendment. DC, are you listening?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”