Enhanced CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Enhanced CHL

Post by anygunanywhere »

Obi-Juan wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Special privileges like your so called enhanced CHL are the mark of tyrannical states.
I disagree. Their restrictions on the general public are the true signs. Whether or not they grant special privileges to a special few, they are tyrannical states or not because of their actions regarding the human rights of the common man, including the unfettered right to bear arms for self defense.
Special privileges like your so called enhanced CHL are one of the mark of tyrannical states.

Picking nits?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

How would you choose who is qualified for an Enhanced CHL? CHL holders already pass a background check and are generally law abiding people with no criminal record. Do E-CHL holders wear halos?

I think any special priviledges should go to all CHL holders or all citizens. The rules and some LEO's are already nearly confused by current CHL law. If you really want to confuse everyone, start a E-CHL program with a different set of rules.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

The Constitution and BOR already state the rules. Who needs more rules in order to exercise constitutionally enumerated rights? Tyrants already ignore the rules. More rules will not matter.

Anygunanywhere.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

gigag04
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Enhanced DL

Post by gigag04 »

I'll do you one better.

I'm a really good driver, I've been through performance driving schools, track days all over Texas, and taken countless pursuit driving courses in my LEO days.

I want an Enhanced DL, where the normal rules of the road don't apply to me.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

gigag04 wrote:I'll do you one better.

I'm a really good driver, I've been through performance driving schools, track days all over Texas, and taken countless pursuit driving courses in my LEO days.

:iagree:
P

Tic Tac

Post by Tic Tac »

gigag04 wrote: I want an Enhanced DL, where the normal rules of the road don't apply to me.
It looks like that's included in the license MoJo mentioned on page 3. :mrgreen:

gigag04
Posts in topic: 4

Post by gigag04 »

Tic Tac wrote:
gigag04 wrote: I want an Enhanced DL, where the normal rules of the road don't apply to me.
It looks like that's included in the license MoJo mentioned on page 3. :mrgreen:
touche
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

WildBill
Posts in topic: 11

Post by WildBill »

gigag04 wrote:I want an Enhanced DL, where the normal rules of the road don't apply to me.
:cool:
Last edited by WildBill on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

anygunanywhere wrote:The Constitution and BOR already state the rules. Who needs more rules in order to exercise constitutionally enumerated rights? Tyrants already ignore the rules. More rules will not matter.

Anygunanywhere.
:iagree: They are tyrannical and enemies of the US Constitution whether or not they pass an enhanced CHL for themselves a la Carona.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

RCP

Post by RCP »

Y'all know theres a state where this is actually being done right? Mississipi has what they call an "enhanced endorsement" on their permits which allows holders to carry in the majority of prohibited places.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jmra »

RCP wrote:Y'all know theres a state where this is actually being done right? Mississipi has what they call an "enhanced endorsement" on their permits which allows holders to carry in the majority of prohibited places.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mississippi is not typically the standard setter you want to emulate.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

texanjoker wrote:

:iagree:
P

You guys already have one, it's your leo badge which gets you "professional courtesy".
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jbarn
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jbarn »

THAT would be cool!
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

rotor

Post by rotor »

Next we will have CHL envy.

I don't want to be a LEO. I carry for me and mine. No intention of saving the world.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 11

Post by WildBill »

Enhancement for one group equals restriction for the other group.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”