New RIP Ammo

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Texsquatch
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New RIP Ammo

Post by Texsquatch »

So, none of you gunowners are climbing over each other to get your hands on this new ammo? Come on, admit it, you're drooling over this stuff.

Yeah, right.

This kind of marketing always bugs me. I don't know if this Liberty Digest has a good reputation or not, but it bothers me when writers or bloggers or whatever they call themselves just post whatever they're paid to post for merchandise with only advertising gains in mind. Whether he was paid for it or got a couple boxes in the mail and wants to make sure the free stuff keeps coming, I don't see any proof of this mad rush to by this product like tweens running and screaming to by concert tickets. Maybe it works on some people, I guess.

Oh well, that's all I have time to say for now. I feel bad for the weak-minded consumers who rush to buy stuff just cuz the TV or Youtube told them to. I'm in a hurry...The new Glock 42's are in, I got to go pick one up! :lol::

WildBill
Posts in topic: 7

Post by WildBill »

WildBill wrote:
New? Not really. IMO, another gimmick that will fade fast.
You've got to give it those marketing guys, always a new idea.
Buy a box and try to sell it in about 20 years as a collectors item.
I think this round will R.I.P. very quickly.
Beiruty wrote:
At what price point? At 80 cents/rd, I will consider to try a box or two. At least it is offering 425 ft.lb of Muzzle Energy.
For me at any price point.

That 425 ft lbs is muzzle energy. Most of that energy will be lost the moment the bullet fragments.
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

AndyC wrote:Friends don't let friends carry pre-fragmented rubbish.
:thumbs2: Good advertising slogan.
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

anygunanywhere wrote:I think "Grim Reaper" has a ring to it.

Anygunanywhere
How about DOA for their RIP Ammo.
NRA Endowment Member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

WildBill wrote:
AndyC wrote:Friends don't let friends carry pre-fragmented rubbish.
:thumbs2: Good advertising slogan.
:iagree: Sales hype
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Texsquatch wrote:So, none of you gunowners are climbing over each other to get your hands on this new ammo? Come on, admit it, you're drooling over this stuff.

Yeah, right.

This kind of marketing always bugs me. I don't know if this Liberty Digest has a good reputation or not, but it bothers me when writers or bloggers or whatever they call themselves just post whatever they're paid to post for merchandise with only advertising gains in mind. Whether he was paid for it or got a couple boxes in the mail and wants to make sure the free stuff keeps coming, I don't see any proof of this mad rush to by this product like tweens running and screaming to by concert tickets. Maybe it works on some people, I guess.

Oh well, that's all I have time to say for now. I feel bad for the weak-minded consumers who rush to buy stuff just cuz the TV or Youtube told them to. I'm in a hurry...The new Glock 42's are in, I got to go pick one up! :lol::
This is why I don't waste my money on other gun magazines (American Rifleman excepted). My go-to magazine is Gun-Tests, and they accept no advertising. They purchase everything they test from actual retail outlets so that pricing will be realistic, and they aren't beholden to the manufacturers. They have no sacred cows or shibboleths other than an absolute adherence to the full expression of the 2nd Amendment.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I was curious if this was the same ammo I saw discussed on another site. On that thread, someone said the gellatin used was NOT ballistic gellatin, but something else which shows greater penetration than it actually would be capable of. I haven't seen this video though.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:I've never seen so much excitement about a new bullet based on a single cheesy video. :roll:

Visualize a DA playing that video and holding that bullet up in front of a jury. I don't want to defend that!

I'd rather defend tried and true ammo used by police departments all over the country. "I used that round because I believed the people making police purchasing decisions know a heck of a lot more than I do about ammo".
They couldn't have chosen a worse name for this cartridge!

Chas.
When I invent my new super-duper killer round, I am going to name it "Marshmallow," and the box is going to come with nice friendly bunnies on it. Let the DA waive that around in the courtroom and talk about how I shot somebody with 17 Marshmallows...
USAF 1982-2005

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

When I invent my new super-duper killer round, I am going to name it "Marshmallow," and the box is going to come with nice friendly bunnies on it. Let the DA waive that around in the courtroom and talk about how I shot somebody with 17 Marshmallows...
Please invite me to the hearing. I want to be there when the courtroom erupts in laughter. :lol:

wrinkles

Post by wrinkles »

Gimmick ammo for those that don't understand terminal ballistics. As P.T. Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute."

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

When something seems too good to be true 99.99% of the time it is. :evil2:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

remington79

Post by remington79 »

I want penetration to make sure the threat is stopped. I'll stick with my HSTs.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

ELB wrote:
I want the old school Tom and Jerry cartoon bullets. When Tom fired that round it would speed up to Jerry and then stop. Then the front of the bullet would pop up and that giant hammer would pop out and smash Jerry into the ground.

Talk about 1 shot mouse stoppers!!!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

jmra

Post by jmra »

Heard this ammo was going for a little over $2 a round. I'll pass.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”