Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RAM4171
Posts in topic: 2
Location: On a dead end dirt road in the deep dark woods of East TEXAS

Changing your picture on your renewal

Post by RAM4171 »

Just like the title says.

I need to renew my CHL and I'll be renewing my DL as well. The DL pic will definitely change and I want to have the pictures match. In my previous pics I have some hair on my head, which doesn't matter I know, but I was also clean shaven and now I have a longish beard which I plan on letting get longer.

I know it sounds trivial, but I just wanted both of my licenses to match what I look like because right now it looks like I'm carrying my little brothers ID around.

I went online and the site said that they would use my existing photo and I couldn't find an option to submit a new one.

Thanks in advance for the replies, And it's cool if you let me know that I'm being ridiculous but I am a little CDO.
Μολὼν λαβέ
Jesus was not politically correct, therefore I refuse to be
To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic-TN

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Changing your picture on your renewal

Post by Greybeard »

I would suggest going to a DPS office and getting new pic taken for DL as long as practical before doing CHL app.

FWIW, before both of mine expired on the same date in November last year, I sent in a new passport photo (along with the completed form) with my CHL app. When my new CHL arrived, it included not the new pic I had submitted, not the pic on my DL, but the pic on my old CHL - that I had a student take right after I got off a tractor and was not even wearing a shirt.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

infoman

Post by infoman »

If you want this option, do NOT pay online. Mail DPS the following: CHL-77, CHL-85, CHL-86, check for $70/$35(depending on your age), & a letter stating you want to use your DL photo for your renewal.(in big obvious letters)

Topic author
RAM4171
Posts in topic: 2
Location: On a dead end dirt road in the deep dark woods of East TEXAS

Post by RAM4171 »

Thanks for the advice guys, I will let you know how it turns out.
Μολὼν λαβέ
Jesus was not politically correct, therefore I refuse to be
To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic-TN

mommagamber

Post by mommagamber »

I had a friend just ask me this question. She no longer looks like she did 5 yrs ago and just got her DL picture redone but wondered if DPS would use the DL photo or old CHL photo. I told her to call and ask and she said she had tried.

Most of the responses to this was in January just wondered if anybody knew anything different?
I conceal carry because I choose not to be a victim.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

When I renewed a few months ago, they did not use my DL photo, but used my previous CHL photo instead.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

george wrote:When I renewed, I asked to use a picture of that Brad Pitt fellow, and they just laughed at me, and suggested a monkey, instead.
They must have figured you were just curious, george. :biggrinjester:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

george wrote:When I renewed, I asked to use a picture of that Brad Pitt fellow, and they just laughed at me, and suggested a monkey, instead.
Apparently, they dug up photos of my father to use on my DL and CHL ... ;-)
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”