CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
GotSig?
Posts in topic: 2

2 CHL denial questions

Post by GotSig? »

Hello,

I am new to getting my CHL. I am concerned that a charge of harassment 42.07 I have deferred adjudication on from 2006 will deny my CHL. I also was arrested for a family violence charge, that the DA dropped the charges against me and I never went to court (totally bogus crazy woman I was with :) ). Will either of these issues be a problem if I disclosed them on my application? Thanks for all the assistance!!!

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2 CHL denial questions

Post by MoJo »

Not discolsing them would be worse. The harrsment conviction is a class B misdemenor and has been over five years ago. You should be OK. As long as you weren't convicted on the family violence charges you should be OK there too. Not disclosing a conviction is not something DPS likes.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

I agree with MoJo. An eight year old misdemeanor harassment conviction isn't a disqualifier. An arrest for anything isn't a disqualifier unless you were convicted or are currently charged. Lying on the application is a disqualifier.

Topic author
GotSig?
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GotSig? »

Both were non issues. My CHL has been changed to mailed today!!!!!!! Thank you for your time. Bought a Sig p238 as a backup gun to celebrate!!!!!!

jmra

Post by jmra »

GotSig? wrote:Both were non issues. My CHL has been changed to mailed today!!!!!!! Thank you for your time. Bought a Sig p238 as a backup gun to celebrate!!!!!!
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”