Houston Livestock show Concealed Carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
witt99
Posts in topic: 2

Houston Livestock show Concealed Carry

Post by witt99 »

Does anyone know if the HLSR grounds are posted. I know I can not carry into the stadium.

Thanks

Scott in Houston

Re: Houston Livestock show Concealed Carry

Post by Scott in Houston »

witt99 wrote:Does anyone know if the HLSR grounds are posted. I know I can not carry into the stadium.

Thanks
Many posts on this, so I'd recommend searching for more context, but yes, you can carry on the grounds with the exception of the stadium and the Corral Club bars (51% locations).

They were wanting before, but are not now. If you happen to be wanded, just ask for an officer to come over, so you can show your CHL, and he/she will check it out, then let you in.

Topic author
witt99

Post by witt99 »

What I have found is from previous years. I am going tomorrow and wanted to make sure I am still in the clear.

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

witt99 wrote:What I have found is from previous years. I am going tomorrow and wanted to make sure I am still in the clear.
Nothing has changed over the years. It's city property, and the carnival doesn't qualify as an 'amusement park' under the law, so there can't be enforceable postings of 30.06. The rodeo is off limits due to it being a professional sporting event, and the Corral Clubs have 51% designation.

You should be good to go...

Oh, and I'm not a lawyer and all that jazz. :lol:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”