25 things only CHL'ers understand

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

25 things only CHL'ers understand

Post by Teamless »

http://www.concealednation.org/2013/10/ ... nderstand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thought this belonged on this section, as only CHL'ers would get these.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

C-dub

Re: 25 things only CHL'ers understand

Post by C-dub »

Pretty good, but not #16 for me.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Amen on #24.

"The First 48" is a great true-crime show that follows US big city detectives as they work a case
and try to find the murderers.

But it always bugs me that they rarely mention the brand/model of handgun(s) used in the crime,
or if the handgun was recovered at the time of the perp's arrest.

One of the few times they mentioned this data, it was the Houston area lady that was killed shortly
before she was going to close her business for good. The BG used a Smith and Wesson Sigma in 9MM.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Amen on #24.

"The First 48" is a great true-crime show that follows US big city detectives as they work a case
and try to find the murderers.

But it always bugs me that they rarely mention the brand/model of handgun(s) used in the crime,
or if the handgun was recovered at the time of the perp's arrest.

One of the few times they mentioned this data, it was the Houston area lady that was killed shortly
before she was going to close her business for good. The BG used a Smith and Wesson Sigma in 9MM.

SIA
I got tired of the show a long time ago, they rehash all the stuff after each commercial that they presented before it and could do the whole show in 15 minutes instead of an hour, but I suppose that's the point.

My wife watches it regularly. In one of the early shows they did two things that really got me steamed. First, the detective involved repeated the old myth that a .22lr shot to the head will bounce around inside the skull, and then when the supposed .22lr was shown it was a jacketed bullet.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Amen on #24.

The BG used a Smith and Wesson Sigma in 9MM.

SIA
It is a wonder to me the thing even went off. Lots of folks sorely disappointed with the Sigma when first released.

Mrs. SDT and I have enjoyed the Tom Selleck series "Blue Bloods" a lot, even if it is about NYC. They get most everything right save almost every perp using a Glock 17 or 19. In one of the season 3 episodes they had a freeway sniper and they talk about him using a .223. AR smear you think? No. When they finally find the murder weapon, they talk about it being a Remington 700. Good for them. We like "The First 48" and enjoy "Lt. Joe Kenda - Homicide Hunter" (is that the name?) also.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

Grillmark55
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grillmark55 »

Great list! I can relate to most of them.
:thewave
A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

TEA

Post by TEA »

I assume #3 is about Hickock45's grip and not about Hickock45 and his videos per se. I love his videos and have never seen him use that thumb over the wrist grip before. That said, what the heck is up with that grip?

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

TEA wrote:I assume #3 is about Hickock45's grip and not about Hickock45 and his videos per se. I love his videos and have never seen him use that thumb over the wrist grip before. That said, what the heck is up with that grip?
He was showing how NOT to hold it. He followed up by holding a hot dog there & firing a round.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Grillmark55

Post by Grillmark55 »

Pawpaw wrote:
TEA wrote:I assume #3 is about Hickock45's grip and not about Hickock45 and his videos per se. I love his videos and have never seen him use that thumb over the wrist grip before. That said, what the heck is up with that grip?
He was showing how NOT to hold it. He followed up by holding a hot dog there & firing a round.
"YEEEEOOOOOUUUUCH!!!!!
A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Awkward hugs...oh yea I get that one.

goose

Post by goose »

Pawpaw wrote:
Cured my sister of this last year. My mom, just a few weekends ago. Spooky stuff.

I enjoyed the list.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

crice8

Post by crice8 »

Haha all so so true....

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Here's the video, for anyone who hasn't seen it.

[youtube][/youtube]
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”