Well, oops, I messed up

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LAYGO
Posts in topic: 7

Well, oops, I messed up

Post by LAYGO »

I went out to see one of my favorite bands on SAT. I anticipated that I might need to disarm & emptied my nanovault ready for my sidearm, but I forgot to look it up before going. I had nuked my phone & tried to get the OS reinstalled without much luck, so things weren't working there. I get to the club, looked high & low, but I did not see a single TABC sign, red OR blue.

Well, I looked it up just now . . . they're red.

It was a fun and enjoyable show. :)
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Well, oops, I messed up

Post by Abraham »

How does one nuke a phone?

Heat it up in the microwave or ...?

sammeow

Post by sammeow »

Glad it was a "theoretical" statement. :leaving
Just about any club will be red.
Hope you get the OS straightened out.

Topic author
LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

Abraham wrote:How does one nuke a phone?

Well, I was reinstalling the operating system. Something went awry & now I can't enable wifi, text messages don't come in, and sometimes I can't hear phone calls.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG

Topic author
LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

sammeow wrote:Glad it was a "theoretical" statement. :leaving
Just about any club will be red.
Hope you get the OS straightened out.
Hypothetically speaking of course.
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

LAYGO wrote:

Well, I was reinstalling the operating system. Something went awry & now I can't enable wifi, text messages don't come in, and sometimes I can't hear phone calls.
Would I be far off the mark if I read "reinstalling the operating system" as "unlocking?"
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I assume we are discursing an android phone. If you are having trouble installing a rom on your phone try installing the latest version of clockworkmod then use it to install the rom. That is what fixed mine the last time I crashed it with a bad install.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

Excaliber wrote:
LAYGO wrote:

Would I be far off the mark if I read "reinstalling the operating system" as "unlocking?"
Close, but unlocking is GSM type phones or iPhoneys.

I was installing a custom ROM on my Android Galaxy S4.
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG

Topic author
LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

G.A. Heath wrote:I assume we are discursing an android phone. If you are having trouble installing a rom on your phone try installing the latest version of clockworkmod then use it to install the rom. That is what fixed mine the last time I crashed it with a bad install.
I was ON CM when I went to install a stock rooted ROM. I've had 3 different recoveries on there, 4 if you count stock. TWRP/CWM/Philz & none have helped. I've also used Odin to flash complete stock images with no luck.

I'm trying to download one last unrooted ROM that I can safely root. If that doesn't work, then I'm taking it back to the Sprint & see if they can get me on reset (& hopefully not install the latest latest which includes crap I do not want).
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG

HKMike

Post by HKMike »

Solution=iPhone. Just sayin'. Please don't flame me. I've just never had a problem with iPhones and have the whole Apple ecosystem running. Good luck!

Ipconfig

Post by Ipconfig »

HKMike wrote:Solution=iPhone. Just sayin'. Please don't flame me. I've just never had a problem with iPhones and have the whole Apple ecosystem running. Good luck!
I don't think you would get flamed, but one of the reasons alot of us like Android is we can change the operating system. What he did was attempt to load a custom O/S onto his phone instead of stock and it is having issues.

goose

Post by goose »

An app that could change red signs to blue would be sharp. Probably not affect me too much (maybe the occasional concert). But if you all could work on one that would vibrate more or get louder as I got closer to a 30.06 sign, that would be great. Thanks.

I may have also mis-read the goal of the thread.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Topic author
LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

Back on topic & something else I was reminded of when I arrived at the venue.

They had a TABC sign that read "the unlicensed possession of a weapon". Forgot I had seen that . . .
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG

Topic author
LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

Ipconfig wrote:
HKMike wrote:Solution=iPhone. Just sayin'. Please don't flame me. I've just never had a problem with iPhones and have the whole Apple ecosystem running. Good luck!
I don't think you would get flamed, but one of the reasons alot of us like Android is we can change the operating system. What he did was attempt to load a custom O/S onto his phone instead of stock and it is having issues.
Egg Zack Lee.

I don't want Steve Jobs telling me what I can/can't do . . . even from the grave. When I'm rooted, I can do just about anything I want. Granted, I can also screw my phone up too like I have, but it's on me.

My download was REALLY slow & when I get home tonight, I'm trying one last time to ODIN a stock ROM.
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

An app that was tied into the TABC database as well as http://www.texas3006.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; would be awesome. You could make it geo-aware and have it alert you when you're near a posted place or a 51% location.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”