A Church and Wal Mart

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

A Church and Wal Mart

Post by howdy »

A church is trying to get a Federal Judge to make Wal Mart put on their proxy ballot a vote to restrict gun sales at its stores.

http://money.msn.com/business-news/arti ... d=17502537" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Re: A Church and Wal Mart

Post by jmra »

Grandstanding. Unless the Church is an investor do they even have legal standing to sue?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Everything that calls itself a church is not. They need to go preach the gospel and be busy about the Father's business rather than Wal Mart's business.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

carlson1 wrote:Everything that calls itself a church is not. They need to go preach the gospel and be busy about the Father's business rather than Wal Mart's business.
They're pushing the Thou Shalt Not Murder thing, so they kind of are. I disagree with them completely though, but I sort of get their reason for the argument. Wrong priority though and its clearly for publicity.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
carlson1 wrote:Everything that calls itself a church is not. They need to go preach the gospel and be busy about the Father's business rather than Wal Mart's business.
They're pushing the Thou Shalt Not Murder thing, so they kind of are. I disagree with them completely though, but I sort of get their reason for the argument. Wrong priority though and its clearly for publicity.
I disagree. Gun control imposed on law abiding citizens in no way has anything to do with pushing the "Thou Shalt Not Murder thing". This is nothing more than a way for an attention seeker to grab a few minutes of fame.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

jmra wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
I disagree. Gun control imposed on law abiding citizens in no way has anything to do with pushing the "Thou Shalt Not Murder thing". This is nothing more than a way for an attention seeker to grab a few minutes of fame.
If you dig deeply into that church's beliefs you will probably find other progressive thought and beliefs.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

jmra

Post by jmra »

anygunanywhere wrote:
jmra wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
If you dig deeply into that church's beliefs you will probably find other progressive thought and beliefs.

Anygunanywhere
I'm sure you are correct. Thankful for my church and my pastor.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Purplehood »

jmra wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
Yes. They are effectively attacking the Bill of Rights. Separation of Church and State comes to mind.

Gun Control does not equal Murder Control.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Purplehood wrote:
jmra wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
Yes. They are effectively attacking the Bill of Rights. Separation of Church and State comes to mind.

Not disagreeing. :tiphat:

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Purplehood »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
Purplehood wrote:
jmra wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:

Not disagreeing. :tiphat:
I was agreeing with you, sir.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Then we agree to..agree. :cheers2: :thumbs2:

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Manhattan. Wall Street. Do these people have no idea who shops at Walmart? You can bet the majority of Walmart investors do, no matter where they shop.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

jmorris wrote:Manhattan. Wall Street. Do these people have no idea who shops at Walmart? You can bet the majority of Walmart investors do, no matter where they shop.
I would imagine it might be a struggle to find anyone in that church that has ever been to Walmart or even know anyone who has.

As an Episcopalian (say that three times) I'm saddened and find this church offensive.
http://www.trinitywallstreet.org/blogs/ ... all-update" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”