jbarn
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 30.06 At All Public Entrances?

Post by jbarn »

chamberc wrote:
JonnySW wrote:
WildBill wrote:
Keith B wrote:
JonnySW wrote:I understand that. What if I was in the mall shopping, having never been to the place before, the decide to see a movie entering thru the unmarked door?
Until you have seen the 30.06 sign you have not been notified. Once you see the sign you must abide by it.
What if the DA looks at your posts on the internet that show you know the mall was posted, but you went in to see a movie through an unmarked entrance?

I'm not looking to break any laws or look for loopholes, just curious if I ever found myself in that situation
There has never been a test case. If you found yourself in the situation, you could choose to be the test case. Until it actually occurs , no one knows.
How do you know that? There 254 counties in Texas. One would have to conduct an expansive records check to know that.
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jimlongley »

jbarn wrote:
chamberc wrote:
JonnySW wrote:
WildBill wrote:
Keith B wrote:
JonnySW wrote:I understand that. What if I was in the mall shopping, having never been to the place before, the decide to see a movie entering thru the unmarked door?
Until you have seen the 30.06 sign you have not been notified. Once you see the sign you must abide by it.
What if the DA looks at your posts on the internet that show you know the mall was posted, but you went in to see a movie through an unmarked entrance?

I'm not looking to break any laws or look for loopholes, just curious if I ever found myself in that situation
There has never been a test case. If you found yourself in the situation, you could choose to be the test case. Until it actually occurs , no one knows.
How do you know that? There 254 counties in Texas. One would have to conduct an expansive records check to know that.
With the number of people on here who keep their fingers on the pulses, we would know, even if the media didn't make a big deal of "CHL holder arrested while trespassing."
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

jimlongley wrote:
jbarn wrote:
chamberc wrote: There has never been a test case. If you found yourself in the situation, you could choose to be the test case. Until it actually occurs , no one knows.
With the number of people on here who keep their fingers on the pulses, we would know, even if the media didn't make a big deal of "CHL holder arrested while trespassing."
I tend to agree with Jim if the arrest was due to them having a gun on property and refusing to leave with their gun. However, it could be that they were just trespassing all together and presence of the gun only enhanced the charge from standard trespass to criminal trespass. The media may not pick up that portion if it was an afterthought on the charge by the DA.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

jbarn
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jbarn »

Keith B wrote:
jimlongley wrote:
jbarn wrote:
chamberc wrote: There has never been a test case. If you found yourself in the situation, you could choose to be the test case. Until it actually occurs , no one knows.
I tend to agree with Jim if the arrest was due to them having a gun on property and refusing to leave with their gun. However, it could be that they were just trespassing all together and presence of the gun only enhanced the charge from standard trespass to criminal trespass. The media may not pick up that portion if it was an afterthought on the charge by the DA.

I just dont see how anyone can depend on "we would know". Look at the DPS stats. There is one category of CHL holder convictions that was the topic of a thread because "we" cannot agree on what the convictions could be. We didn't know about those arrests.........
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

jbarn wrote:
Keith B wrote:
jimlongley wrote:
jbarn wrote:

I just dont see how anyone can depend on "we would know". Look at the DPS stats. There is one category of CHL holder convictions that was the topic of a thread because "we" cannot agree on what the convictions could be. We didn't know about those arrests.........
Understand. We jsut don't know what the real reason is behind the arrest and conviction.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”