"Failure to Carry" - CHL license.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jbarn
Posts in topic: 3

Re: "Failure to Carry" - CHL license.

Post by jbarn »

JSThane wrote:
Running Arrow Bill wrote:No offense guys... :) However, that's what a man's pockets in his pants are for...to keep keys, wallet, etc. in them...even when at home...never know when you might have an emergency and rush out of the house.

That aside, for someone without DL, CHL, Registration, Proof of Insurance with and/or on them and you get stopped, it is "possible" you could be cited for "failure to identify". At the very least some serious explaining to do...

Have a good one!
Not according to my understanding of most common ID laws. I know of no law that requires a person to carry identification on them at all times, unless they are currently engaging in an activity that requires an ID (such as driving, carrying concealed in most states, etc.). A "man on the street" interaction with a cop requires no more than name and date of birth, IF the cop request them. "Papers please" does not apply outside of certain activities, no matter how much some people (and some cops) wish it were otherwise.
You do not even have to give a name and DOB unless under arrest.
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

JSThane wrote:A "man on the street" interaction with a cop requires no more than name and date of birth, IF the cop request them. "Papers please" does not apply outside of certain activities, no matter how much some people (and some cops) wish it were otherwise.
As has been pointed out, this is only when arrested. But, it also requires your home address. When you are a witness, a suspect, or lawfully detained, you cannot give false information but you do not have to answer at all.
Steve Rothstein

birdman253
Posts in topic: 1

Post by birdman253 »

Abraham wrote:On a few occasions my wife has asked me to hold her purse while she did whatever it was and it didn't bother me one bit.

I got a kick out of watching people look at me and and the purse. I would smile at them and boom they'd quickly looked away, funny stuff...
I eitherw hold or carry my wife's purse regularly. When people look at me, I simply say, "Oops, I'm sorry, but it doesn't match my boots today." That usually adds levity to the situation, and almost Lways gets a huge smile.

As I may have posted before, my wife has very severe arthritis. At times it is bad enough to cause issues with walking, and on those occasions, she doesn't need anything to worry about but the task at hand. Does it make me less a man to carry her purse? Does it bother me? Not in the least. I'll even do it while wearing a pink shirt!!!

WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WildBill »

birdman253 wrote:
Abraham wrote:On a few occasions my wife has asked me to hold her purse while she did whatever it was and it didn't bother me one bit.

I got a kick out of watching people look at me and and the purse. I would smile at them and boom they'd quickly looked away, funny stuff...
I eitherw hold or carry my wife's purse regularly. When people look at me, I simply say, "Oops, I'm sorry, but it doesn't match my boots today." That usually adds levity to the situation, and almost Lways gets a huge smile.

As I may have posted before, my wife has very severe arthritis. At times it is bad enough to cause issues with walking, and on those occasions, she doesn't need anything to worry about but the task at hand. Does it make me less a man to carry her purse? Does it bother me? Not in the least. I'll even do it while wearing a pink shirt!!!
Did you mean to post this in the Ladies Only section? :smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”