CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Scarborough Fair Waxahatchie.

Post by Right2Carry »

Went for the first time Saturday and knew they were posted 30.06. I don't understand the posting since carrying of knives and swords is allowed. Do these folks not realize that they only keep law abiding citizens from legally carrying? Nobody is safer because of this policy except the bad guys. No body was wanded and no metal detectors that I could see. I didn't see bags being searched either. Someone really needs to put together a solid presentation to show businesses that post so they can understand the error of their ways. Letters are one thing, visual PowerPoint is something else.

The family had fun and it was entertaining to say the least. I will say that everything is really expensive.
Last edited by Right2Carry on Sun May 04, 2014 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

jbarn
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Scarborough Fair Waxahatchie.

Post by jbarn »

Right2Carry wrote:Went for the first time Saturday and knew they were posted. I don't understand the posting since carrying of knives and swords is allowed. Do these folks not realize that they only keep law abiding citizens from legally carrying? Nobody is safer because of this policy except the bad guys. No body was wanded and no metal detectors that I could see. I didn't see bags being searched either. Someone really needs to put together a solid presentation to show businesses that post so they can understand the error of their ways. Letters are one thing, visual PowerPoint is something else.

The family had fun and it was entertaining to say the least. I will say that everything is really expensive.

Posted what?
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

jbarn wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:Went for the first time Saturday and knew they were posted. I don't understand the posting since carrying of knives and swords is allowed. Do these folks not realize that they only keep law abiding citizens from legally carrying? Nobody is safer because of this policy except the bad guys. No body was wanded and no metal detectors that I could see. I didn't see bags being searched either. Someone really needs to put together a solid presentation to show businesses that post so they can understand the error of their ways. Letters are one thing, visual PowerPoint is something else.

Posted what?
They have a "more than valid" 30.06 sign posted at the entrance. The letters are three inches tall. :mrgreen:

They do this every year.

I don't think a PowerPoint would change their politics.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

WildBill wrote:
jbarn wrote:

Posted what?
They have a "more than valid" 30.06 sign posted at the entrance. The letters are three inches tall. :mrgreen:

They do this every year.

I don't mean for them alone but for any buisness that has a valid posting. It would just be nice to have a consistant message with facts incorporating a visual presentation as well as a written one.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

I'm going next weekend!!!! Love the Scarby Faire!

It is interesting that folks are walking around with swords, but modern day weaponry is forbidden. :banghead:
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Selina Kyle wrote:I'm going next weekend!!!! Love the Scarby Faire!

It is interesting that folks are walking around with swords, but modern day weaponry is forbidden. :banghead:
Interesting maybe, but not surprising. It reminds me of an old saying: "Don't bring a sword to a gun fight." :biggrinjester:
NRA Endowment Member

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

Ah, it's the other way around there!

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

I'd recommend the "Birds of Prey" show. Very cool.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

Selina Kyle wrote:It is interesting that folks are walking around with swords, but modern day weaponry is forbidden. :banghead:
They only allow elegant weapons for a more civilized age.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

Is the fair like the Renaissance Festival?

An exhibitionists delight where grownups play dress up and try to sound like Shakespearean players, all the while simply looking and sounding silly?

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Abraham wrote:Is the fair like the Renaissance Festival?

An exhibitionists delight where grownups play dress up and try to sound like Shakespearean players, all the while simply looking and sounding silly?
Yes it is. They also charge a lot of money to attend and to eat the food and drink.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

WildBill wrote:

Yes it is. They also charge a lot of money to attend and to eat the food and drink.
Tom Thumb sells adult tickets for 21.00 and Children tickets for 9.00 for those that want to save a few bucks.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Right2Carry wrote:
WildBill wrote:

Tom Thumb sells adult tickets for 21.00 and Children tickets for 9.00 for those that want to save a few bucks.
It makes me hungry for a Turkey Leg. :drool:
NRA Endowment Member

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

spmeone frop aboves quotefollowing
NRA Life Member

what the heck is a power Point.

Come on guys and gals I use my book and voice
Never had one who failed .. even the questions answered after the test..

Use your voice and brain and not pictuers and words on a screen..

Attended one of the !st Instr. Classes in "95. the state Instructors were the best I ever sat in a class withand have attended BNDD, FBI ANd LA.SP

Texas DPS were the best..

And I dont recalll any power point till i went to my 1st or secong renewal..

People need to here your voice and your knowledge..

I dont think power point does it..!!
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

Topic author
Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

o b juan wrote:spmeone frop aboves quotefollowing
NRA Life Member

what the heck is a power Point.

Come on guys and gals I use my book and voice
Never had one who failed .. even the questions answered after the test..

Use your voice and brain and not pictuers and words on a screen..

Attended one of the !st Instr. Classes in "95. the state Instructors were the best I ever sat in a class withand have attended BNDD, FBI ANd LA.SP

Texas DPS were the best..

And I dont recalll any power point till i went to my 1st or secong renewal..

People need to here your voice and your knowledge..

I dont think power point does it..!!
People learn and absorb information differently. Just because you don't think it's needed doesn't mean it won't help someone else.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”