I accidentally made my company re-write their weapons policy

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Re: I accidentally made my company re-write their weapons po

Post by jmra »

RPBrown wrote:The employer has no say on what you do when not on his time as long as it's not illegal or disrupting the operation of the place of business. If they are not 30.06 posted, then when off the clock you are free to carry. Just remember, concealed means concealed.
If on company property you may be legal to carry but if discovered (even off the clock) you will be subject to termination. If your employee handbook has 30.06 wording you can not legally carry on the facility even when off the clock.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

jmra wrote:
RPBrown wrote:The employer has no say on what you do when not on his time as long as it's not illegal or disrupting the operation of the place of business. If they are not 30.06 posted, then when off the clock you are free to carry. Just remember, concealed means concealed.
If on company property you may be legal to carry but if discovered (even off the clock) you will be subject to termination. If your employee handbook has 30.06 wording you can not legally carry on the facility even when off the clock.
I do agree with you on this. However, he did not state it was written as 30.06. Only that it was written as restrictive. Now I also know that they could terminate his employment but that they can do that for cause.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
kingpinGT
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kingpinGT »

Abraham wrote:Additionally, they wrote in verbage that possession of a firearm is allowed outside the vehicle as long as you're storing it..."

Would you please elaborate?

I don't understand.

Thanks!
meaning if you have your gun on you, you're allowed to get out of your car for the purpose of storing it.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”