Chl in Church

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Randyw
Posts in topic: 2

Chl in Church

Post by Randyw »

Newby here, I tried to search but didn't see an answer. If not posted with 30.06, can you carry in church? Thanks

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Chl in Church

Post by mojo84 »

Yes
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Not if you have been told by persons w/ authority over the property that firearms aren't allowed. But don't ask. I carry all the time in church.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes you may carry in church if there is not a 30.06 sign and someone who is actual authority (not just a deacon) tells you that you are forbidden to carry. I would not ask anyone if you can or can't I would just keep concealed and carry on.

I am a pastor and I require all of my staff members to have a CHL. :tiphat:

scottmeador

Post by scottmeador »

Do not carry if you are working as a volunteer on a "security" team.

Selina Kyle
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Selina Kyle »

carlson1 wrote:Welcome to the Forum!

Yes you may carry in church if there is not a 30.06 sign and someone who is actual authority (not just a deacon) tells you that you are forbidden to carry. I would not ask anyone if you can or can't I would just keep concealed and carry on.

How neat! My church has a school as well, so I'm assuming carrying there is a no-go. I don't have my license yet, but I'm learning as much as I can now.
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

jmra
Posts in topic: 14

Post by jmra »

scottmeador wrote:Do not carry if you are working as a volunteer on a "security" team.
Instead, join the safety team.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 7

Post by SewTexas »

not if you are meeting in a school, if it's posted 30.06, or if you are on a "security" team; otherwise carry. My husband and I carry every week.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

jbarn

Post by jbarn »

jmra wrote:
scottmeador wrote:Do not carry if you are working as a volunteer on a "security" team.
It doesn't matter if they are called the comedy team, If their mission meets the definition of guard in the Private Security Act, 1702 of the Occupations Code, they need licensing.
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

Selina Kyle wrote:

How neat! My church has a school as well, so I'm assuming carrying there is a no-go. I don't have my license yet, but I'm learning as much as I can now.
Depends on the kind of school and if it meets the state's definition of a school. Sunday school does not meet that definition.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jmra
Posts in topic: 14

Post by jmra »

jbarn wrote:
jmra wrote:
It doesn't matter if they are called the comedy team, If their mission meets the definition of guard in the Private Security Act, 1702 of the Occupations Code, they need licensing.
And it's against the law to spit on the sidewalk. Show me an example of a member of a church "safety team" being fined or charged under the private security act.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
Randyw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Randyw »

Thank y'all for all the responses, I appreciate it.

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

C-dub wrote:
Selina Kyle wrote:

Depends on the kind of school and if it meets the state's definition of a school. Sunday school does not meet that definition.
It's a K-12 private school.
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

Selina Kyle wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Selina Kyle wrote:

It's a K-12 private school.
Same building or attached? Mine also has K-8, but not in the same building or attached. So, I carry in church.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

mescobar_rpls
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mescobar_rpls »

I carry mine every Sunday religiously. :tiphat:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”