Lost my precious card

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WyattP
Posts in topic: 1

Lost my precious card

Post by WyattP »

While in a mad dash to the hospital to see my dad from Huntsville to Sugar Land, I lost my wallet. Stopped to get gas and it fell on the ground or was placed on my toolbox then lost somewhere on the freeway. All my licenses and cards were in there and $15. (Luckily I just took out about $150). Anyways, anyone know the turn around time on a replacement? Is it similar to a renewal or what? And my dad is doing fine and all my cards have been cancelled.
Any insight would be great full. I already ordered a new one online about 10 minutes ago.

ScottDLS

Re: Lost my precious card

Post by ScottDLS »

WyattP wrote:While in a mad dash to the hospital to see my dad from Huntsville to Sugar Land, I lost my wallet. Stopped to get gas and it fell on the ground or was placed on my toolbox then lost somewhere on the freeway. All my licenses and cards were in there and $15. (Luckily I just took out about $150). Anyways, anyone know the turn around time on a replacement? Is it similar to a renewal or what? And my dad is doing fine and all my cards have been cancelled.
Any insight would be great full. I already ordered a new one online about 10 minutes ago.
I "physically" lost my CHL a month or so ago. I went online to Texas.gov and charged it to my credit card. Had the replacement in about 9 calendar days. It's pretty fast. Also lost my AZ & NH licenses. NH I just got today about 30 days after I mailed for a replacement. AZ took about 3 weeks.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

The Annoyed Man

Re: Lost my precious card

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ScottDLS wrote:
WyattP wrote:While in a mad dash to the hospital to see my dad from Huntsville to Sugar Land, I lost my wallet. Stopped to get gas and it fell on the ground or was placed on my toolbox then lost somewhere on the freeway. All my licenses and cards were in there and $15. (Luckily I just took out about $150). Anyways, anyone know the turn around time on a replacement? Is it similar to a renewal or what? And my dad is doing fine and all my cards have been cancelled.
I "physically" lost my CHL a month or so ago. I went online to Texas.gov and charged it to my credit card. Had the replacement in about 9 calendar days. It's pretty fast. Also lost my AZ & NH licenses. NH I just got today about 30 days after I mailed for a replacement. AZ took about 3 weeks.
That's good to know that you can replace the CHL that easily. I also have a Utah CFP which I keep stored at home, in the event that my ID holder gets lost. So I can keep carrying until I get the new CHL back in the mail.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”