CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DocV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looking for CHL Friendly Hotels Near Riverwalk

Post by DocV »

Uhm. Discussed here during the last legislative session. We now have this:
SUBCHAPTER C. FIREARMS POLICY NOTICE

Sec. 2155.101. DEFINITION. In this subchapter, "hotel" has the meaning assigned by Section 156.001, Tax Code.

Added by Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 237 (H.B. 333), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2013.

Sec. 2155.102. APPLICABILITY OF SUBCHAPTER. This subchapter applies only to a hotel that has a policy prohibiting or restricting the possession, storage, or transportation of firearms by hotel guests.

Added by Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 237 (H.B. 333), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2013.

Sec. 2155.103. NOTICE REGARDING FIREARMS POLICY. (a) A hotel shall include on the hotel's Internet reservation website the hotel's policy regarding the possession, storage, and transportation of firearms.
(b) If a hotel provides a written confirmation or a written statement of terms and conditions to a consumer after accepting the consumer's hotel reservation by telephone, the hotel shall include information specifying how the consumer may review applicable guest policies. The guest policies must indicate the hotel's policy regarding the possession, storage, and transportation of firearms by guests.
(c) A hotel owner or keeper commits an offense if the person does not comply with this section. An offense under this subsection is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $100.

I am not a lawyer, but this law seems clear enough to me. Look to the hotel's reservation web site.

gljjt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gljjt »

DocV wrote:Uhm. Discussed here during the last legislative session. We now have this:
SUBCHAPTER C. FIREARMS POLICY NOTICE

Sec. 2155.101. DEFINITION. In this subchapter, "hotel" has the meaning assigned by Section 156.001, Tax Code.

Sec. 2155.102. APPLICABILITY OF SUBCHAPTER. This subchapter applies only to a hotel that has a policy prohibiting or restricting the possession, storage, or transportation of firearms by hotel guests.

Sec. 2155.103. NOTICE REGARDING FIREARMS POLICY. (a) A hotel shall include on the hotel's Internet reservation website the hotel's policy regarding the possession, storage, and transportation of firearms.
(b) If a hotel provides a written confirmation or a written statement of terms and conditions to a consumer after accepting the consumer's hotel reservation by telephone, the hotel shall include information specifying how the consumer may review applicable guest policies. The guest policies must indicate the hotel's policy regarding the possession, storage, and transportation of firearms by guests.
(c) A hotel owner or keeper commits an offense if the person does not comply with this section. An offense under this subsection is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $100.

I am not a lawyer, but this law seems clear enough to me. Look to the hotel's reservation web site.
This puts responsibility to notify the consumer of the hotel's firearms policy and makes failure to do so an offense, but I don't see how it negates or protects the consumer from 30.06, temporary residence arguments aside. Am I missing something?

Edited for grammer.

TomV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TomV »

Who is going to enforce it? It will be complaint driven, but who do you complain to?

I have looked at a couple hotels I know have 30.06 signs posted and non of their websites say a thing. I even went as far as almost making a reservation at one and nothing showed up.

I think the law is worthless.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JKTex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JKTex »

healthinsp wrote:Who is going to enforce it? It will be complaint driven, but who do you complain to?

I have looked at a couple hotels I know have 30.06 signs posted and non of their websites say a thing. I even went as far as almost making a reservation at one and nothing showed up.

I think the law is worthless.
So book where you want, go and enjoy.

Sometimes we make things more complicated than they are.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”