CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ntdfbladez
Posts in topic: 3

Austin Long Center

Post by ntdfbladez »

Hello!

My wife and I will be at the Austin Long Center next Friday with some friends. I have seen a little information about the lack of 30.06 postings here, but nothing very recently. Can anyone confirm for me the lack of 30.06 postings at the Long Center? I don't want to travel all the way there only to have to hike back to our friends car (plus I would be hesitant to leave my carry gun in my friends vehicle).

Thanks in advance!

tommyg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Austin Long Center

Post by tommyg »

http://www.texas3006.com/view.php?poste ... tion_type=+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Long is posted valid 3006 sign

Please check out Texas3006.com for a list of places that are posted
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

tommyg wrote:http://www.texas3006.com/view.php?poste ... tion_type=+

The Long is posted valid 3006 sign

Please check out Texas3006.com for a list of places that are posted
Over on 30.06 there is a comment posted by someone who received an e-mail from the Long Center stating that the grounds and building are owned by the City of Austin, which would preclude enforcement. There are also additional comments stating that the signs were no longer there.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Respectfully, being owned by the city does not preclude enforcement. It precludes successful prosecution.
If the sign is still there and you want enforcement policy clarification, I'd call APD and ask.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

cb1000rider wrote:Respectfully, being owned by the city does not preclude enforcement. It precludes successful prosecution.
If the sign is still there and you want enforcement policy clarification, I'd call APD and ask.
True, if you define enforcement as arresting someone for something that's not a crime. Happens all the time according to forum legend.

I wouldn't call APD and ask them any more than I would call and ask if I can drive 54 in 55 zone. And, yes I am willing to be the test case, but will likely never have the opportunity. Maybe I'll take a stroll through a Plano ISD parking lot some time. Much closer to me than Austin :lol: .
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
ntdfbladez

Post by ntdfbladez »

Thanks for the replies!

Tommyg, you are correct, there is an entry there. But as ScottDLS said, there were newer comments that mentioned the signs are no longer present. Those comments are over a year old, and I was simply wanting to see if anyone had been there recently to confirm that there were/were not any posted signage.

I still have a week to find out..and I may just go, carry, and hope the signs aren't there. Either way, I plan on making a newer comment entry on the Texas 30.06 page :)

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

ScottDLS wrote: I wouldn't call APD and ask them any more than I would call and ask if I can drive 54 in 55 zone. And, yes I am willing to be the test case, but will likely never have the opportunity. Maybe I'll take a stroll through a Plano ISD parking lot some time. Much closer to me than Austin :lol: .

I ask sometimes.. Unarmed, of course. The answers are illuminating and interesting, assuming you're the type that can occasionally stomach misinformation.
The legal cost of being a test case is too high financially.. And even if didn't go to trial, you'd have to explain that arrest for the remainder of your working career.

CWOOD
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CWOOD »

I went to the Long Center to hear Marcus Luttrel and Tara Kyle and others speak last year. I carried.

I looked specifically and saw no 30.06 signs.

The presentation was outstanding.

Topic author
ntdfbladez

Post by ntdfbladez »

Confirmed! No 30.06 postings to be found!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”