CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
HK45
Posts in topic: 1

Questions about eligibility

Post by HK45 »

Question 1

While I was looking at the requirements I noticed this, but could not find anymore information regarding the details.

"has not been finally determined to be delinquent in the payment of a tax or other money collected by the comptroller, state treasurer, tax collector of a policital subdivision, Alcohol Beverage Commission or any other agency or subdivision,"

I lost my job have and fell behind some bills, I'm currently behind on fee's/payments from ez tag and my motorcycle. I do plan on taking care of them as soon as I find another job but was thinking about applying for a chl in the meantime since I've heard it can take months to process.

Question 2

I was arrrested two years ago for a warrant (unpaid traffic ticket), it has been taken care of since then. Would I need to list this in the application?

Thank you in advance

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Questions about eligibility

Post by RPBrown »

First, welcome to the forum. :tiphat:

Now for your questions:
1) the EZ toll tag does not go to the comptroller, it goes to the tollroad authority so that would not (or should not) be an issue

2) If you were indeed arrested, booked, and fingerprinted, then yes you should list it. You will also need to get documents from the court as to final disposition. Since most traffic tickets are Class C misdemeanors, then it won't be an issue as long as you list it and send documents with your application.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”