Tuckable holster question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WyattP
Posts in topic: 2

Tuckable holster question

Post by WyattP »

When wearing a tuckable holster, do you guys keep the grip resting on your pant line or slightly tucked away. Any other tips about tuckable holsters would be appreciated.

budroux2w
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tuckable holster question

Post by budroux2w »

For me it depends on the firearm. Generally I keep my grip slightly above the pant line making it easier to grab if needed. I think most would say it'll be whatever is the most comfortable and you can easily access. I think I tried out about 5 different positions before I found one i liked and it's different on my SR9 than it is on my 1911.

Undershirts are a skin saver.
NRA Life Member

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

My grip is slightly above my pant line. The reason being so I can draw quickly if needed. This compromises some concealibility, but not enough to worry. Its also more comfortable in my opinion. A good rule of thumb is to loosely align the top of the kydex with the pant line, plus or minus a quarter inch or so, in height. You should also cant the holster to help conceal the grip and assist you in getting the right purchase before drawing. You might want to try setting it up without clipping the holster to anything and seeing where your gun wants to fit you, then go from there.
***keep in mind your holster will mold to your body if it is a leather tuckable kind (like a cossbreed style)

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

Rrash wrote:My grip is slightly above my pant line. The reason being so I can draw quickly if needed. This compromises some concealibility, but not enough to worry. Its also more comfortable in my opinion. A good rule of thumb is to loosely align the top of the kydex with the pant line, plus or minus a quarter inch or so, in height. You should also cant the holster to help conceal the grip and assist you in getting the right purchase before drawing. You might want to try setting it up without clipping the holster to anything and seeing where your gun wants to fit you, then go from there.
***keep in mind your holster will mold to your body if it is a leather tuckable kind (like a cossbreed style)
:iagree:

I cant mine pretty hard, wear it at the 3:30 position, and basically line the kydex up with the top of my pant line.

Based on the title of your post, just thought I'd add that I almost never tuck in my shirt...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Topic author
WyattP
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WyattP »

I never tuck my shirt in either, but I work in an office and now have to. I always carry in my blackhawk tuckable but never utilize the tuckable feature. I have an 9mm shield so it's small anyways. After playing around with it over the past few weeks I've noticed you kinda have to rock the loose tuck look to add concealment if you want I keep the grip over the pant line.

karder

Post by karder »

I keep the grip about 1/2 inch above my pant line. It makes for an easier draw and besides, I don't have as much spare room around the waist as I used to.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

BigBangSmallBucks

Post by BigBangSmallBucks »

WyattP wrote:When wearing a tuckable holster, do you guys keep the grip resting on your pant line or slightly tucked away. Any other tips about tuckable holsters would be appreciated.
Depends on the gun and what I'm wearing. If I'm wearing gym shorts to take the trash out I'll let the grip rest on the pant line or else the shorts will swallow the gun up, but if I'm wearing dress pants I'll tuck the grip away because doing so allows me to tuck my shirt in.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

My limited experience tucking is that it depends on where you are carrying...but either way, I tend to cant it as far forward as possible. If it'sat 5 o'clock, it it easier on the wrist. If it is about 3 o'clock, I have found that the more vertical the grip is, the less it shows.

Try it a few different ways until you find the right fit...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”